Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Recovering
1,483 Posts
Of course

In addition to Blue Mountain and Bethpage (which is pretty boring, actually- Stillwell Woods and the Greenbelt are a bit more exciting if you're riding out that way), there's Sprain Ridge Park just north of Yonkers, Graham Hills Park in Pleasantville and Ringwood State Park in Passiac County, New Jersey. All of these are as far as or closer than Blue Mountain to NYC. If you want to venture out a bit further, there's Ninham Forest and Fahnestock State Park in Putnam county, NY and Wawayanda State Park and Mountain Creek/Diablo Freeride Park out in Sussex County, NJ (they've got lift-accessed XC trails). There are a bunch of other parks in NJ with MTB trails, but trust me- none match Ringwood or Wawayanda.

Check out www.wmba.org for maps of parks in Westchester county, NY.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
you got some great info from jbogner. keep an eye on NJ bc there are
good times to be had there. but you have to get about 45 mins or so into Jersey.

i second ringwood and wayway. on the way to rw you will pass skyline drive area, aka Ramapo SF. great stuff there. rode there last night in fact.

another option is chimney rock which is down rt 78 and easy to get to from say lincoln or holland tunnel.

although i prefer rw and ww and skyline over cr.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts