Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any gravity dropper titus fans out there?

#1 favorite trail quote about my gravity dropper

"don't you think a suspension seat post on a full suspension bike is overkill"

well it my look like a suspension seat post, but it is the single coolest thing I've even put
on my motolite. I went with the multi drop 1" and 3" drop.

so how many other titus boys and girls have been hit by the gravity dropper bug?:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
FM said:
I have a -1"/ -4" on my motolite.

Possibly the coolest product since suspension forks?

Best engineering I've seen since king hubs?

Best customer service I've gotten from any company?

yeah, it's good!
Oh well! I was just ready to reply this thread but FM said it all already. My is -1" -3" (was installed on a SB) and it'll be on the ML.
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
I wish I had one... does that count?

I'd love to drop my saddle some 2-3" sometimes and not having to lose a beat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Yup, I have a -1" -3" on the Switchblade. I like it. I'm not sure I needed the remote control cable. Anyone prefer the manual control on the seat post version?
 

·
Paper or plastic?
Joined
·
10,339 Posts
I got the regular -3" GD. Best $250 spent on the bike by far! :thumbsup:
 

·
ಠ_ಠ
Joined
·
3,190 Posts
Whoa! I don't even drop my seat, but after reading this, I think I want one too.

Any thoughts on the Maverick version?
 

·
Paper or plastic?
Joined
·
10,339 Posts
dulyebr said:
Whoa! I don't even drop my seat, but after reading this, I think I want one too.

Any thoughts on the Maverick version?
Yes: it only comes in 30.8 so it won't fit on an ML. It does not come with an handlebar lever, and I really don't feel like reaching below my saddle when it gets sketchy on the trail. Looks pretty cool though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
897 Posts
Love'm

I got two of them when they first came out. Love them!!! Got one on the Switchblade and one on the Motolite. Fantastic customer service, kudos to Wayne! Works great, clean it once or twice a season and it's ready to rock. Will not own a bike without one.

Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
dulyebr said:
Whoa! I don't even drop my seat, but after reading this, I think I want one too.

Any thoughts on the Maverick version?
The only problem that I've faced since bought the GD, is that I don't feel comfortable when riding a bike without it (at least when going downhill). Otherwise, it's perfect! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Seriously, one of the best investments that I've done in my bike.
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
zorg said:
It does not come with an handlebar lever, and I really don't feel like reaching below my saddle when it gets sketchy on the trail.
Yeah... I don't have a GD or the Mav one... I was thinking about the GD without the remote, but last time I tried to scratch my neuticles while riding, I almost fell off the bike. Somehow reaching something between your tighs and below your butt gets difficult while riding (at least for me).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Warp said:
Yeah... I don't have a GD or the Mav one... I was thinking about the GD without the remote, but last time I tried to scratch my neuticles while riding, I almost fell off the bike. Somehow reaching something between your tighs and below your butt gets difficult while riding (at least for me).
Warp, what I could say is that if some people find useful a fork remote instead of reaching the fork itself, it's even more difficult to reach between your legs, as confirmed by yourself from your "neuticles scratch" test. :D :D I wouldn't change my handlebar full of remotes (GD remote, PopLoc and something else soon :D ), no matter how cluttered it looks. Can I say "ergonomic" freak? I think so!
 

·
Paper or plastic?
Joined
·
10,339 Posts
Chris9702l said:
I got two of them when they first came out. Love them!!! Got one on the Switchblade and one on the Motolite. Fantastic customer service, kudos to Wayne! Works great, clean it once or twice a season and it's ready to rock. Will not own a bike without one.

Chris
GDs have 2 major drawbacks:
- they don't come in setback posts
- once you have a GD, you have no more excuse to stop and adjust your seat, and accessorily catch your breath. :)
 

·
thats right living legend
Joined
·
6,360 Posts
I'll Pass...

If it's anything like that gravity bong we made in college, no way! That thing F'ed me up for a whole summer.

But ya'll should try that seatpost thing. I might have to get one...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dulyebr said:
Yea, here's a picture of Black, circa 1993 at Bama State...
thats the california version. down in the south its all about the beer bong.
1 radiator hose off a 1979 firebird. 4 cans of beer.
 

·
thats right living legend
Joined
·
6,360 Posts
GIG EM said:
thats the california version. down in the south its all about the beer bong.
1 radiator hose off a 1979 firebird. 4 cans of beer.
That would be, 6 cans of beer and a wet Tshirt... Geeesh!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
I have the 1"-3" on my Switchblade, and it is great. Its one of those things you never realize how much you need until you actually try it. I had the TALAS switchblade (before some upgrading), and think that adjustable suspension travel is a bit over-rated. Adjustable seat-post (esp. on interupted tube frame), way under-rated.

If you get one, I highly reccomend the 1"-3" version. I use the 1" drop a lot more than the 3".
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top