Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
aka Taprider
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any good tent camping areas near South Mtn that are similar to McDowell?
ones that have more wilderness like setting (like McDowell), not jammed in parking lot with RVs (like MallWart)
but still have hot showers

·
Registered
286 Posts
There was athread sometime ago about a "parking nazi" in Ahwatukee near South Mountain. Search for the thread. Hopefully, this jpeg image shows up in this message.

I suggest setting up camp in that general area:p

Ross

Attachments

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Cato said:
I hear there's a shopping cart-cardboard box camp out near the northwest end of SoMo.
actaully it's by i-10 and the az mills. nice access to shopping and trails.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,570 Posts
There's a lot of camping in downtown phoenix.

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
jgg765 said:
Not sure if you would stay at a youth hostel but I stayed here when I was on vacation.
Cheap and safe http://www.hostelz.com/hostels/USA/Arizona/Phoenix
The comments about that place are a riot!

One lady (also in her late 40s to mid 50s) put a blanket over her her bottom bunk, creating her own little den. That was cool, but what wasn't was her dog that was tied to a tree in the backyard and barked the entire damn rainy night. At like 5 in the morning Daisy and I woke up, determined to make our escape. The lady hiding in the bunk goes, "Tina? TINA?" to us and we start to run. We ran out of that place, determined to never go back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.