Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta stay relatively close to town and was gonna do a long T100-ish ride but I did that ride yesterday so I'm leaning towards SoMo. Anyone else up for SoMo early Sat or Sun morn or got another good ride I can tag along on? I was thinking either Nat'l, Telegraph, DC or Nat'l, Kwanis and either back up the road and back down Nat'l or back on the canals if it's getting late.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm game for something

crash test dummy said:
I gotta stay relatively close to town and was gonna do a long T100-ish ride but I did that ride yesterday so I'm leaning towards SoMo. Anyone else up for SoMo early Sat or Sun morn or got another good ride I can tag along on? I was thinking either Nat'l, Telegraph, DC or Nat'l, Kwanis and either back up the road and back down Nat'l or back on the canals if it's getting late.
Either day looks OK right now.

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool beans

pedalAZ said:
Lets see if we get any other replies before we try to nail something down. I'm inclined towards Sat but Sun works too.

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pedalAZ said:
Looks like a decent group of folks are headed to Globe for the last run of the season so lets go ahead and plan something. Let me suggest Sat at 6:30 Pima Canyon ramadas and a good old nat'l, telegraph, dc loop - we could always ride it backwards and come down natl'l too....whaddya think?
Skinny Tire - you in? Gotta get that Chineese smog outta your lungs...

·
MTBR Tool
831 Posts
Very tempting - I have a tentative date at Pima/Dynamite on Saturday but in all honesty would much rather join you guys. Keep us posted as to what day you're going.

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pedalAZ said:
You still interested?

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pedalAZ said:
Will we be crossing any ranch properties????
Naw but I was thinking if we can scrape together a few million we could buy somt Trust land and open a cow AND mtb ranch to show how the two worlds can co-exist. Team roping on bikes - now there's a sport I'd watch.....
See ya at 6:30 - what are you driving?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Bronze Suburban

crash test dummy said:
Naw but I was thinking if we can scrape together a few million we could buy somt Trust land and open a cow AND mtb ranch to show how the two worlds can co-exist. Team roping on bikes - now there's a sport I'd watch.....
See ya at 6:30 - what are you driving?
license PEDALAZ

·
MTBR Tool
831 Posts
Reluctantly - I think I will be there also

Damnit - my new road bike is just begging to be ridden tomorrow but the only organised ride I know of is w/the BOS guys who are probably a bit too hardcore for me. That only leaves the Bicycle Showcase Pro-Con ride on Sunday.

Blue Passat wagon w/Yakima racks. Will post up tonight to confirm one way or another.

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Srexy said:
Damnit - my new road bike is just begging to be ridden tomorrow but the only organised ride I know of is w/the BOS guys who are probably a bit too hardcore for me. That only leaves the Bicycle Showcase Pro-Con ride on Sunday.

Blue Passat wagon w/Yakima racks. Will post up tonight to confirm one way or another.
Reluctantly? Sheesh - you sure know how to make a guy feel wanted

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
check mate

Paul B said:
And all this time I thought he was a bishop.

p.
You guys are making me feel like a pawn

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
How Long Does This Ride Usually Take

Assuming no mechanicals and not going all out. I don't think I can make it Saturday because I may need to take my daughter to a birthday party and need to be in the parking lot and on my way home by 10:00, but I may do this ride Sunday on my own and am wondering how long it can take.

·
Registered
247 Posts
10:00 should work

Dirdir said:
Assuming no mechanicals and not going all out. I don't think I can make it Saturday because I may need to take my daughter to a birthday party and need to be in the parking lot and on my way home by 10:00, but I may do this ride Sunday on my own and am wondering how long it can take.
but doesn't leave much margin for mishaps.

·
Registered
247 Posts
No, can't do it this weekend

Paul B said:
Hey...no appearance in Globe on Sunday? :(

p.
I've got stuff going on early Saturday evening and late Sunday afternoon such that I can't afford to get back unexpectedly late from a Globe or Prescott mission.

·
MTBR Tool
831 Posts
Shaved legdom can wait!

This Roadie Beastie will just have to wait until Sunday. The call of the wild must be answered first!

Yes, yes - I know it's only a Supergo house-brand bike but to me it's a bloody Rolls-Royce! Especially when compared to my Reynolds 531 Holdsworth roadie bast**d which still has the Simplex downtube shifters on it :D

See you guys at the nun's crack tomorrow...

Attachments

·
MTBR Tool
831 Posts
Great ride today - thanks to you both for introducing me to the Telegraph trail and a part of National that I had never done.

Don't know who mentioned mechanicals but between Yuri's magic Eggbeater trick, Scott's ghost-shifting and Yuri's and my flats we definitely had our fair share. Still managed to make it back to Pima Canyon by about 10:15 tho.

Absolutely knackered now (7:00pm) but in that good way that only results from a hard day on the trails or ski-slopes.

Hope the Honey-dos weren't too strenuous for you Yuri! My other half subjected me to the mall for 3hrs but it's no bother - I'm building credit towards a bike purchase that she doesn't know about yet :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts