Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have access to free accomodation there...

any good biking nearby?

replies really appreciated 'cos I really, really need to have an excuse to get the 'ell out of 'own

Cheers, Randaz

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Unless you like flat dirt roads that guides useless

arandal said:
indeed!

That's where I'll go next time...

Cheers......:thumbsup:
like the previous poster said, talk to the guys at the local bike shop. They know the good local stuff. But if your willing to drive 25 miles or so, then the Lakes Basin trail network is a lot of fun. Really rocky technical stuff. If you want to do a shuttle run you can drive up Lakes basin highway and drop off near gold lake lodge and make your way down all the way back into Graeagle. Of if you are feeling like adventurous, you can make your way to the top of Mt. Elwell from the south side, and ride down the north side. Probably the most amazing/fun/crazy/grin inducing ride I've ever done in the downieville area.

Nate

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Quincy trail

There's a neat singletrack about 3 miles east of Quincy in the forest. It's a 4 mile trail. Crosses wetlands on solid ground and is a pretty ride. Before you get there a spring comes out of the side of the mountain with tasty water to fill your jug! Ride on. If you don't know about it, High Sierra is a great June festival in Quincy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.