Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Angry bunny
Joined
·
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am basically looking at the Inbred vs the Zion at the moment and would jump at the Inbred if I could get hold of one of them for within $100 of the Zion.
Pricepoint has the Inbred listed for within that pricerange but when you go to put it in your trolley it says that it is on backorder.

Anyone seen them anywhere else within that range???
FYI, I am in Australia so they would need to willing to sell outside of the USA.
 

·
conjoinicorned
Joined
·
3,525 Posts
have you tried emailing brant @ on-one? you never know maybe they'll ship direct?

the on-one is a sweeeet ride, would easily be the better choice between the two.....
 

·
Angry bunny
Joined
·
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ferday said:
have you tried emailing brant @ on-one? you never know maybe they'll ship direct?

the on-one is a sweeeet ride, would easily be the better choice between the two.....
Definitely would be the better bike of the 2.
Will see what Brant can do.
Also emailed Pricepoint to see what t he expected wait is.
 

·
Powered by ice cream.
Joined
·
6,359 Posts
I've ridden both (and El Comandante, and Rig).

The Zion doesn't suck at all. I'd say it feels fairly similar to the Inbred (not quite as springy). Just buy it and await an ebay deal on an Inbred (you never see them used on Ebay, however).
 

·
Angry bunny
Joined
·
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Enel said:
I've ridden both (and El Comandante, and Rig).

The Zion doesn't suck at all. I'd say it feels fairly similar to the Inbred (not quite as springy). Just buy it and await an ebay deal on an Inbred (you never see them used on Ebay, however).
Enel
Not saying that they suck.
I too have an El Comandante and would be VERY interested in your comments comparing the 2.
I love my El Comandante and the way it rails through swoopy track and gobbles up the rough stuff. I raced in a Dusk to dawn event on the weekend and never once did I have anyone catch up to me when pointed downhill in the swoopy stuff. It also excels when climbing.

Probably looking for something that does not exist, but I dont want to forgo any of these traits.
 

·
Powered by ice cream.
Joined
·
6,359 Posts
TR said:
Enel
Not saying that they suck.
I too have an El Comandante and would be VERY interested in your comments comparing the 2.
I only have two long (2-3 hour) rides on the Zion at this point.

Things I like better on the Zion:

1. The 1/2" shorter chainstays make it noticable easier to manual and lift the front end as needed. They also make the rear less prone to spin in the really tough, steep loose climbs.

2. It rides softer, doesn't seem as harsh on the trail.

Things I like better about El Comandante:

1. Seems more stable at high speeds, and more confident in rough corners. Could be do to slacker HA? Just more planted, especially at speed. The Zion is not what I would call nervous, just not as confidence inspiring.

2. It's freaking beautiful.

3. It must be a pound lighter.

The ideal combo would be the Comandante front end with a shorter rear end. I really wish Sherwood would work on shortening those stays.

I need more time on both set ups back to back to give you a better comparison, but that is what I can do for now.
 

·
Angry bunny
Joined
·
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for your thoughts Enel.
I guess I cannot go too far wrong.
Seems that I have read a few posts now about the Zion and I have not yet seen anyone come out saying it is a dog. In fact the worst comment I have read is about the downtube/fork clearance.

I will do a bit of comparison of the angles etc and make a decision tonight but I am leaning pretty heavily toward grabbing one for the $.
 

·
Powered by ice cream.
Joined
·
6,359 Posts
TR said:
In fact the worst comment I have read is about the downtube/fork clearance.

I will do a bit of comparison of the angles etc and make a decision tonight but I am leaning pretty heavily toward grabbing one for the $.
Fork clearance is terrible, but I think you ride rigid so that would not be an issue.

I bought the Zion to replace my slightly too big Monkey as an SS commuter. I just pulled the suspension fork off another bike, and put off road gears on it to get a feel of is compared to the Comandante. I liked it so much, I don't know which bike to make the commuter now.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top