Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
My pants are smart.
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys have any goals for this year? Maybe ride your first race? Maybe win your first race? Finally beat your buddies a$$ up that one hill?

Mine is to ride most of the places in the jersey-area that I haven't ridden yet:

Allaire
Hartshorne
Sourlands (although I have bouldered there - pretty good stuff as far as bouldering goes)
Del-Gap
The Tourne
Valley Green (PA)
 

·
JORBA: Six Mile Run
Joined
·
428 Posts
Trying to ride more.....

I'm trying to increase my time in the saddle this year. Last year was gobbled up by home improvements and the stress of searching for and starting a new job, so I didn't get to ride as much as I like and my conditioning just wasn't there. Hopefully, by mid season I'll be 10 pounds lighter and able to ride faster than I was 2 years ago.
 

·
www.justthebonnet.com
Joined
·
1,475 Posts
Good topic. Every year I set a goal for myself on the bike, and try my best to accomplish it no matter what. 2003 won Beginner in the State series, 2004 trained my butt off for the 24 hours of Allamuchy and our team won our class, 2005 (sorry its road bike related), complete the longest day ride, 200 miles from High Point to Cape May in one day. After that, just ride the SS and drink beers. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
I think my main goal this year is to have fun improving myself as a mountain bike racer. I think I am doing all the right things, now I just need to find the time.
 

·
hellrazor
Joined
·
39 Posts
i would like to get a couple more laps in at the 24 hours of allamuchy ( i got in 6 last year solo) and i would really like to do a little better at the mountain man biathalon. i never seem to do well there. it will be rough training this year however, seems like the new guy around here seems to get most of my attention lately. (he loves riding in the bike trailer!)
good luck w/ all of your goals everyone cya on the trails
greg heller
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
437 Posts
I just want to ride more places outside of Jersey. If anyone is down for any weekend (2 or 3 day) road trips, pm me. I started the season out right by spending a weekend at Tsali and Pisgah, and I'm looking forward to riding some more fun stuff like that (though it doesn't always have to be some crazy epic ride).

I also need to get back to Ringwood, haven't been in a couple of years now. I always say "I'm going to Ringwood," but make a left halfway there and go to Allamuchy instead!
 

·
www.justthebonnet.com
Joined
·
1,475 Posts
EtE said:
I just want to ride more places outside of Jersey. If anyone is down for any weekend (2 or 3 day) road trips, pm me. I started the season out right by spending a weekend at Tsali and Pisgah, and I'm looking forward to riding some more fun stuff like that (though it doesn't always have to be some crazy epic ride).

I also need to get back to Ringwood, haven't been in a couple of years now. I always say "I'm going to Ringwood," but make a left halfway there and go to Allamuchy instead!
Ete, you should consider the Slatyfork Shuffle gathering in WV. I can't recommend it enough. Great riding, great group of riders... just plain out fun.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=66980
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
437 Posts
Capt_phun said:
Ete, you should consider the Slatyfork Shuffle gathering in WV[/url]
If I didn't have a wedding in Vegas to go to that weekend, I'd be in there like swimwear. Who's dumb ass idea was it to have this wedding in Vegas?! :mad:

I will definitely make it to WV for at LEAST a weekend this year though.
 

·
it's just baby phat..
Joined
·
865 Posts
my number one goal is to complete all of the unfinshed projects around the house.. OH, you mean biking goals!

i would like to ride bob w off my wheel on candy a$$ :D . i want to see maurice and capt phun get so beat up on their SSs that they finally ride on squishy bikes phull time. :D :D and lastly, i want tommy klien to buy a new helmet :D :D :D .. JUST KIDDING!

seriously.. here are my goals

1. get more people into the cycling (road or mountain, it doesn't matter)
2. get nj out of last place in the IMBA standings

phat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
1. be competitive in beginner as a real beginner
2. compete in 24 hours event
3. get myself on as many trails as i can get

great thread

now if it would dry up a bit i can start my mtb fun
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
phatbiker said:
my number one goal is to complete all of the unfinshed projects around the house.. OH, you mean biking goals!

i would like to ride bob w off my wheel on candy a$$ :D . i want to see maurice and capt phun get so beat up on their SSs that they finally ride on squishy bikes phull time. :D :D and lastly, i want tommy klien to buy a new helmet :D :D :D .. JUST KIDDING!

seriously.. here are my goals

1. get more people into the cycling (road or mountain, it doesn't matter)
2. get nj out of last place in the IMBA standings

phat
Is the helmet really that bad? If I got a new one then people wouldn't know who I was. I've had complete strangers stop me and ask if I was tommyklein. I guess the ugly green helmet is a dead give away?
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top