Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
I've been riding my 5.5 for a little over a year and a half. It took a few months for me to dial the fork and rear shock until it was perfect for me. Since, then, the 5.5 has been a blast :thumbsup: Sure, it's not a slender XC rig, but I've ridden it on XC/Super D and 24hr courses. It doesn't feel heavy, handles even more nimbly on the singletrack turns with the new Intense monolink, and bombs down with confidence. It's truly a great all around bike.

I don't know how it compares to a SC Blur. I'm so happy with mine, I bought an Uzzi VPX.

My set up on the 5.5:
Full XTR drivetrain (dual control hydro) with XTR UST wheels
5th Element Air
Marzocchi SL120
Mg 60 90mm
Monkeylite
Chris King HS
Thomson Elite post
Specialized Rival saddle
 

·
on a routine expedition
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
monkeybaby said:
Thanks dirtdiva. The 5.5 is definitely on my short list. I really like the vpp setup since I like to stand and ride at times. I can blame this on my singlespeed.:p
You're not too far away from the Intense factory. Might be worth a call to them or maybe Beyond Bikes to see about a demo.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,683 Posts
SkullCrack said:
You're not too far away from the Intense factory. Might be worth a call to them or maybe Beyond Bikes to see about a demo.
Beyond Bikes has a wall full of them, the wall looks fantastic, full of Intense, Turner & Ellsworths..............
 

·
IFSDlxSS IFTiFLWMtb GFAdv
Joined
·
242 Posts
Where'd you get your Monolink?

dirtdiva said:
I've been riding my 5.5 for a little over a year and a half. It took a few months for me to dial the fork and rear shock until it was perfect for me. Since, then, the 5.5 has been a blast :thumbsup: Sure, it's not a slender XC rig, but I've ridden it on XC/Super D and 24hr courses. It doesn't feel heavy, handles even more nimbly on the singletrack turns with the new Intense monolink, and bombs down with confidence. It's truly a great all around bike.
Hey Dirtdiva,

Where can I get one of those monolinks? How much did it cost you?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
Spidey-Lag, sorry, but I don't think the monolinks are on sale, yet. They're selling 5.5s like hotcakes and they all come with the monolink. I was lucky to score one because I took a tour of the Intense factory in Temecula and saw a box of monolinks waiting to be installed on the new frames. Well, I couldn't help but blurt out that I needed one for my "04 5.5. So, at the end of the tour, Super Cool Intense guy hooked me up with one GRATIS because it had a slight blemish :D Unless, he pointed it out to me, I wouldn't have seen it.

Anyway, the monolinks should be out soon. I know, waiting sucks :mad: The other cool thing is that because the '04 5.5s have an extra brace, with the monolink, the rear end is actually stiffer than the new. Imagine that! Good Luck !
 

·
IFSDlxSS IFTiFLWMtb GFAdv
Joined
·
242 Posts
david101372 said:
Push Industries has their own monolink for the 5.5
I'm aware of the PUSH monolink for the 5.5's and Spiders, however when I found out that Intense themselves were putting their own version of the monolink on the production 5.5's, I wanted to go the Intense route.

I did contact Darren from Push regarding his monolink but since I have a Progressive 5th element on my EVP, I would have to order a separate 22mm x 6mm mount kit from Progressive for the rear of the shock for me to mount PUSH's monolink. PUSH only makes mount kits for Fox and Manitou rear shocks.

As dirtdiva mentioned, however, Intense is still still not selling the links. I believe Intense have been trying to fill orders to dealers for 5.5's, which have been selling like hotcakes.

Maybe I should take a tour of the Intense factory and try to sweet talk myself a monolink like dirtdiva did!! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,199 Posts
Spidey-Lag said:
I'm aware of the PUSH monolink for the 5.5's and Spiders, however when I found out that Intense themselves were putting their own version of the monolink on the production 5.5's, I wanted to go the Intense route.

I did contact Darren from Push regarding his monolink but since I have a Progressive 5th element on my EVP, I would have to order a separate 22mm x 6mm mount kit from Progressive for the rear of the shock for me to mount PUSH's monolink. PUSH only makes mount kits for Fox and Manitou rear shocks.
Sorry, I only read this post after I commented on your other string to n10'sGuy. At the risk of being repetitive, I would rather get the mounting hardware and use the Push link though. That can't cost you very much. Ask Darren Murphy why he designed it with the narrow shock mount at the lower end.

Ronnie.
 

·
IFSDlxSS IFTiFLWMtb GFAdv
Joined
·
242 Posts
Ronnie said:
Sorry, I only read this post after I commented on your other string to n10'sGuy. At the risk of being repetitive, I would rather get the mounting hardware and use the Push link though. That can't cost you very much. Ask Darren Murphy why he designed it with the narrow shock mount at the lower end.

Ronnie.
I've actually been wanting to get the PUSH monoblock since the day they released it to the public but the big question was if it would fit with the 5th element I have on my bike. I finally got a definitive answer a couple of weeks back. I didn't want to have to order separate mounting kit so when I heard about the link that Intense now produces I wanted to go for that.

I also found out pretty quickly however, that the Intense link is not available to the public yet. My impatience got the best of me and I quickly searched for a mount kit from an online store. I found the mounting kit Darren specified (progressive 22mm x 6mm mount kit for 5th element air) on www.bikeparts.com and purchased it.

I'm having my F80X Push'd as I type this, so I'm asking Darren to add the monoblock to my work order..... Now that I have the mounting kit coming, I have no choice but the order the Monoblock. Correct? :yesnod: I've been holding off on this for a while now so I'm just trying to justify it....
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top