Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
emteebee
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know a little bit more information about how long the tuesday night rides are, what the pace is, and how many riders normally show up. Thinking of trying the July 4th ride out.

·
Registered
666 Posts
im not a breakout, but i do ride with them on tues. night about twice a month. The group is usually around 30. it has all kinds of riders from super fast to cruise along the back drinking beer, tow your kid on a trailer, ride a tall bike, and everything in between. they rotate between 3 different rides and all are pretty fun. You should check ti out you should fit in somewhere in the mix.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
darth tracer said:
im not a breakout, but i do ride with them on tues. night about twice a month. The group is usually around 30. it has all kinds of riders from super fast to cruise along the back drinking beer, tow your kid on a trailer, ride a tall bike, and everything in between. they rotate between 3 different rides and all are pretty fun. You should check ti out you should fit in somewhere in the mix.
Website? How do you find out about their rides, where they meet, etc.

·
feeling squirrelly
712 Posts
www.folsombreakouts.com

Cool group, fun rides... Rides usually break up into different ability groups but do re-group at different points during the ride. Leaves from the big parking lot (near Bicycles Plus) in Old Folsom at 6pm every Tuesday night. There is usually a pre-ride pow wow to fill you in on the loop for the night and any other important info.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ill have to check that out, I ride from old folsom up to the lake about 3 or 4 times a week.
But I have never seen a big group on my rides.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yeah, just be in the big parking lot in Old Folsom (by the new Lite Rail station) and ready to roll by 6pm, every Tuesday, year round.

All levels of riders, and most people are at least somewhat experienced riding bikes. There are multiple "stop and wait for the group" spots, but by the end of the rides there are usually 2-4 individual groups riding at their own paces. Nobody get's left behind, however.

Bring water, a helmet, tube/pump, and a smile :) Bring lights in the fall/winter.

Each week is one of 3 rides:
1. "Hazel Loop".... ride around Lake Natoma, mostly on dirt... including the bluffs on the north side if you want... but some ride the paved bike path... this is the easiest ride and only lasts about an hour or so.

2. "Granite Bay" ....ride as much dirt/singletrack working up to Granite Bay... go out as far as Doton's Point, but some turn around at Granite Beach, while others incorporate the regular G.B. Trail)... this time of year, a stop to jump in the lake is typical. This is usually a 1.5-2 hr ride.

3. "Browns Ravine"... ride road to Folsom Point, then cross **** 8 and ride singletrack to Browns Ravine... some turn around, some continue on to the Spanish House and back. Usually a 1.5-2 hour ride.

Pizza, salad and beer/soda at Ciros Pizza on Blue Ravine/Prairie City for $10 after the ride... can't beat that deal. Occassionally there's a BBQ in the parking lot.

I think this week is Granite Bay...but Brown's may be repeated since July 4th was missed by many.

p.s. Darth.. if you ride with the Breakouts, you're a Breakout :D You don't need stripes to be one!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just wanted to say that I had a lot of fun riding with these guys (and ladies) yesterday. we did the Browns Ravien ride and went to pizza at Ciros after the ride. I will be out there next week for sure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.