Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing the Flyte website today and was excited to find they offer a 29er, the Celcius 9. A search reveals no ride feedback. Does anyone have any experience with this bike? They seem like a good company. Just curious, as I'm thinking of building up a superlight racing hardtail 29er.

·
Appalachian Singletrack'n
1,444 Posts
I know someone who won a road frame from them not long ago. I have to say it was the worst constructed frame I have ever seen. You could go to Wall-mart and get a better looking product. The tubes had waves in them everywhere, the welds looked like they where done by children with metallic glue guns. From 20 feet away it was a great looking bike though. I would be wary of their current product line. I know several folks with Airborne bikes and all of them are top notch so more than a name change must be going on.

·
Registered
587 Posts
There was some extensive talk about this a while back, the Flyte supposedly hasn't gotten the rave reviews that it's Airborne predecessor did. I think there was some clearance issues mentioned with the Reba poploc, and something funky with the geometry maybe? Maybe Flyte has done some more r&d and fixed it's mediocre frame by now though, don't know.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Show some pics...

and shut up the critics.

Can you post a picture of it? Maybe some close ups of the welds around the BB area, and maybe the top of the seat tube area?

·
Optimus Prime
222 Posts
Reviews

volpepazza said:
I was browsing the Flyte website today and was excited to find they offer a 29er, the Celcius 9. A search reveals no ride feedback. Does anyone have any experience with this bike? They seem like a good company. Just curious, as I'm thinking of building up a superlight racing hardtail 29er.
There are also some reviews from other Flyte owners on the Flyte website.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Where they at?

Those pics?

I am thinking about possibly buying a flyte, but now? I know the flyte site posts reviews, but surely not objective ones like found here. ;)

·
Optimus Prime
222 Posts
Geo Dude said:
Those pics?

I am thinking about possibly buying a flyte, but now? I know the flyte site posts reviews, but surely not objective ones like found here. ;)
Sorry about the dust on the one picture.

Attachments

·
Optimus Prime
222 Posts
Sevice

Geo Dude said:
Those pics?

Also dealing with Jason and Dan at Flyte has definitely been a plus. They have helped out in every way imaginable. Responses to all questions have been quick and they have taken care of everything that I have need so far.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the pics...

those look like nice welds to me. I like it when they don't dress, (grind / putty) the welds personally. That way you can really see what the fabricator did.

Thanks again J.

·
featherweight clydesdale
1,385 Posts
volpepazza said:
If one of their limited size run works for you and aluminum is your choice, then go for it. I've had a great experience with Airborne's products, and I assume Flyte has similar service.

More interesting is that Flyte has a road bike now which is basically the old Ti Zepplin. Could another B-29 be around the corner??

·
Registered
19 Posts
juice0276 said:
Sorry about the dust on the one picture.
Hey Juice, what kind of fork are planning on throwing on that frame? I have a Reba w/ poplock sitting here waiting for a frame... I heard there might be a clearance issue?

Should I be worried about the integrated headset? Never had a bike with one before...

Otherwise, that frame looks pretty sweet.

·
Optimus Prime
222 Posts
Same

jrxl said:
Hey Juice, what kind of fork are planning on throwing on that frame? I have a Reba w/ poplock sitting here waiting for a frame... I heard there might be a clearance issue?

Should I be worried about the integrated headset? Never had a bike with one before...

I have the same fork, but I think I am going to put it on my SS and just run my other Reba on my Flyte, I can let you know if there are any issues.

·
Optimus Prime
222 Posts
In the works

jrxl said:

In the works

Attachments

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.