Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,012 Posts
yeah

scarface said:
thinking about tossing one in my VooDoo Ti, right now its a 1 x 9 and that is still too many gears;)
they rock! the best if you want to convert any frame to a true ss bike. Think of me as your friendly neighborhood ENO-man.

That there, is my Gunnar Rock Hound, typically known as a geared bike. I slapped the ENO hub on it (thanks Lynette, the Real Cycle Smith), and since it has become a SS wonder.

You should try investing in an ENO. Why? A rigid frame you already like is already a dedicated SS frame with the use or ENO, and you won't need a sea cucumber, or a gnome, or a goofy tensioner to cause you headaches on the trail.
 

·
try driving your car less
Joined
·
3,097 Posts
scarface said:
thinking about tossing one in my VooDoo Ti, right now its a 1 x 9 and that is still too many gears;)
I got one, and it's cool. also went from 1x8. keep in mind that you will have to use V brakes in the back, and I had to farg around with it a little to get the chain tension/brakes set up OK. but since then it's fine.
it'll be cool on a voodoo ti bike!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,320 Posts
White Industries ENO Disc

jh_on_the_cape said:
I got one, and it's cool. also went from 1x8. keep in mind that you will have to use V brakes in the back, and I had to farg around with it a little to get the chain tension/brakes set up OK. but since then it's fine.
it'll be cool on a voodoo ti bike!
The disc hubs are available and work just as well. My bud has one on his Gunnar Rockhouse with a set of Avid disc brakes and it works fine. WI has some ecentric brake mounts coming soon, but an Avid has so much flexibility with different bolts and spacers, it should work on just about any bike.
 

·
try driving your car less
Joined
·
3,097 Posts
Manicmtbr said:
The disc hubs are available and work just as well. My bud has one on his Gunnar Rockhouse with a set of Avid disc brakes and it works fine. WI has some ecentric brake mounts coming soon, but an Avid has so much flexibility with different bolts and spacers, it should work on just about any bike.
is there a way to mount a disc holder on the fixed side of the eccentric hub?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,320 Posts
???

I remember seeing some machined piece of aluminum one time that bolted to a flip flop hub using the freewheel threads. You then bolted a disc to the adapter.

It was on Ebay and I think it was home made by a machinist type, but I am not sure. Seems like it would be a good idea for someone with the skills.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top