Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Broke my Codeine 27.5 frame last week, and can't seem to get a response from On-One/PlanetX regarding warranty...

For those that have dealt with their warranty (especially if you are in the US), what did it take to get their attention, and how'd the process go?

More details here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CQK1GIfOPk

·
Registered
357 Posts
Facebook messaging and phone calls. Also try hitting them up on Instagram. Post a pic of the break and tag them and every corporate and customer care hashtag you can find. I've found that their website and you contacting them via email is useless and futile. You have to shame them into responding. It's sad that in the 21st century and being in a global marketplace there are still companies that are this bad with customer service.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ideally, I'd like to keep it to email, as then I can keep a trail/record of all communication that no one can delete on my end. I did message via fb, but I don't think I even have an Instagram account. The other problem with phone calls is the time zone/work schedule/business hours challenge... but if I can't get a response via the channels I've taken, I'll just have to get up early.

·
J:
5,128 Posts
What shock did those 27Codiene frames have?

Can't remember the last time seeing double CS snappage...wonder if those are lighter than the ones brant put on the 29Codiene (like those updated "light" rockers)??

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They came with varied spec; this one had the Marzocchi 53 s3c2r. The break line followed the inside weld perfectly, I think the aluminum tube was weakened during the welding process.

·
Registered
932 Posts
For a quick response you put a picture of this on their FB page asking why no replies?

If they want to keep a good company appearance they will respond quickly.

EDIT: NVM. I see in your youtube link you say On-One has been in contact with you, but were vague about what was told to you...

We await an update!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For a quick response you put a picture of this on their FB page asking why no replies?

If they want to keep a good company appearance they will respond quickly.

EDIT: NVM. I see in your youtube link you say On-One has been in contact with you, but were vague about what was told to you...

We await an update!
It's in process, slow moving. DHL is supposed to pick up the stays today, so it'll be a couple of weeks before I'll know anything new.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts