Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
TRACKDADDY
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I live in the Seattle area and I ride both geared and SS. I currently am partial to Panaracer Fire XC 2.2's. I also have WTB MutanoRaptor 2.4's on my hardtail (which I got for their size, ie. extra cush, but I hate the lack of traction). Schwalbe makes the Nobby Nic in a 2.1, 2.25, and 2.4! I run tube not tubeless so any advice out there?? Good or bad experiences?? I mostly ride recreattional XC but I would like to get into Endurance racing....

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
do a quick search....

there are a few reviews on the board - good!
Right now they are my favorite tire, light weight, grippy and roll fast!
I run mine (regular 2.1's) tubeless with no issues yet. I did have a puncture flat last week, but my "Goop" was all gone so it did not seal up. I thought the cut (on the top of the tire not the sidewall) was too long to seal up, but I put some more of a homemade latex mixture in the tire and the cut sealed right up.

Only real downside is the cost.

KMan

Brandon448 said:
I live in the Seattle area and I ride both geared and SS. I currently am partial to Panaracer Fire XC 2.1's. I also have WTB MutanoRaptor 2.4's on my hardtail (which I got for their size, ie. extra cush, but I hate the lack of traction). Schwalbe makes the Nobby Nic in a 2.1, 2.25, and 2.4! I run tube not tubeless so any advice out there?? Good or bad experiences?? I mostly ride recreattional XC but I would like to get into Endurance racing....

·
TRACKDADDY
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kman,

I have actually found quite a few "reviews" of the Nobby Nic. The only down sides I've read are that they seem much skinnyer than their stated width... What I am really looking for is reviews from people here in the Pacific North West due to our wet conditions etc.. How do they hold up???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.