Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a c'dale prophet 400 that comes with a manitou radium RL. I am intrested in possibley swapping out for a RS pearl with the adjustable motion control. both fairly inexpensive shocks. The pearl is a little more expensive , but I believe it has a better platform. I have read some bad reviews on the radium and nothing really on the pearl. does any one ride with either of these? thanks

·
Registered
556 Posts
rekibtm said:
I am looking at a c'dale prophet 400 that comes with a manitou radium RL. I am intrested in possibley swapping out for a RS pearl with the adjustable motion control. both fairly inexpensive shocks. The pearl is a little more expensive , but I believe it has a better platform. I have read some bad reviews on the radium and nothing really on the pearl. does any one ride with either of these? thanks
The Radium sucks. The platform is super firm. I thought about replacing mine with a Pearl but since I've had experience with manitou I bought a 4way air for my prophet. The Pearl seems cool though, you can adjust the platform without air pressure and on the fly.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is what I like about the pearl the on the fly platform adjustment. colatt, do you have a prophet 400? do you like the marzzochi am3? the prophet 400 seems like a good starting point for a nice AM FS set up.

·
pkbristol
19 Posts
Prophet and Pearl 3.1 go well together.I've put one on my Prophet and it loads better than the Radium R that was on there before.Set the air pressure with a shock pump and that's all the tools you need,everything else can be done on the fly,the platform/floodgate really works and completely cures the bobbing yet still compresses when you hit a bump,with the flood wound all the way in(about 40 clicks) the shock will almost lock solid,there's enough adjustment for everyone.£200 and it came with a decent shock pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.