Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put my 5spot on ebay. Anyone have experience selling a bike on ebay? How'd the transaction go? I set it up to only accept paypal so hopefully that will be safe.

How much would a bike shop charge to box up a bike for shipping?

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have sold 3 complete bikes and 1 frame and fork. I packaged them all myself so I cannot answer that part. Most shops will give you the box. My only bad experience is that I did block bids from places that I do not ship. My add clearly stated continental US shipping only but knucklehead for Europe was the high bidder. After going through the resolution process he agreed and canceled his bid. I relisted on EBAY without extra charges and sold it a week later. Overall I am happy with the process. Things to do
Block bids from locations you not ship to
Accept bids from those paying with PayPal only
Use the shipping calculator so you are pretty close on shipping.
Pack it you self it is very easy

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
ive sold my share on ebay and mostly, things have gone well. 13 has some good tips on international bidders. block em if ya dont intend to ship to em.

and like he says, boxes are normally free but try to get all the packin materials with it like dropout blocks, stem spacer, hub inserts and tube wraps then grab a roll of bubble wrap and some tape at home depot. makes life way easier if yer gonna box it up yerself. if yer gonna pass the job on, make sure the shop isnt gonna strip it, zip tie it all together with a tons of loose parts floatin around and nuthin protected form the gorillas at ups. their lack of attention will only cost you misery. a top rate job should cost ya about $40 before shipping. most bikes will ship to the lower 48 for about $70 or less dependin on size, weight and insurance.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the vanilla was perfect, thanks! Served me well! Hate to sell my Spot, but need to finish up school and with all the bank turmoil, student loans are iffy right now for grad students

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.