Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to explore more of Mt. Diablo this Friday morning. 10:30 ish! I'll probably either enter through Macedo Ranch staging area, or through South Gate and go to the summit. Laid back slack ride!

-Larry

·
Registered
411 Posts
LJ0913 said:
I am going to explore more of Mt. Diablo this Friday morning. 10:30 ish! I'll probably either enter through Macedo Ranch staging area, or through South Gate and go to the summit. Laid back slack ride!

-Larry
I am off on Friday, so I could join you on a ride. Have you been on the North Peak trail? If you are interested we could plan something.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VTT said:
I am off on Friday, so I could join you on a ride. Have you been on the North Peak trail? If you are interested we could plan something.
North Peak? If my memory is correct that's near "Devil's Elbow?" I haven't been on that side and explored yet. Perfect! Thanks VTT!

My early morning priority is to start/finish my Christmas shopping. I'll start at 8:00 am, and should be done by 9:15 or so. Is 10:00, or 10:15 too late for you? It'll be warmer at that time too. If you're ok with the start time; where's the best place to meet?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I was there yesterday with EBrider and it was cold in the shade of Diablo when we began our way down. The North Peak trail starts at Devil's Elbow and we leave from the Mountaire Parkway in Clayton. It's about 2 hours of mostly climbing to Devil's Elbow. Or we could meet at the Mitchel Canyon trailhead if it's easier for you to find. Let's say 10:30 am ?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VTT said:
I was there yesterday with EBrider and it was cold in the shade of Diablo when we began our way down. The North Peak trail starts at Devil's Elbow and we leave from the Mountaire Parkway in Clayton. It's about 2 hours of mostly climbing to Devil's Elbow. Or we could meet at the Mitchel Canyon trailhead if it's easier for you to find. Let's say 10:30 am ?
I'll meet you where you think is the better starting/finishing place. 10:30 it is!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Slackers unite! :D If an earlier time works better with everyone post a time; otherwise I'll see you at 10:30 tomorrow!

-Larry

·
Registered
411 Posts
EBrider said:
I may be there too.
I wasn't planning on riding Friday but I will blame this one on Larry for this thread. I could meet you at the Mountaire Gate at 10:10 am and ride to Mitchell Canyon to pick up Larry for our weekly dose of suffering.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Take Ygnacio Valley Road towards Concord.
Drive for a few miles 5-6 ? (go over a big hill), until the intersection with Clayton Road
Take a right on Clayton Road, go through a few lights to Mitchell Canyon Road
Take a right, keep driving until the road ends, and you will arrive at the Mt Diablo entrance
I will ride from another gate to the trailhead on a red Turner. 10:30 am.

I am terrible at directions, you may want to check Mapquest

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
VTT said:
Take Ygnacio Valley Road towards Concord.
Drive for a few miles 5-6 ? (go over a big hill), until the intersection with Clayton Road
Take a right on Clayton Road, go through a few lights to Mitchell Canyon Road
Take a right, keep driving until the road ends, and you will arrive at the Mt Diablo entrance
I will ride from another gate to the trailhead on a red Turner. 10:30 am.

I am terrible at directions, you may want to check Mapquest
Those are perfect directions VTT - that's what maps.google say.

Cool - see everyone in the morning!

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
VTT said:
I wasn't planning on riding Friday but I will blame this one on Larry for this thread. I could meet you at the Mountaire Gate at 10:10 am and ride to Mitchell Canyon to pick up Larry for our weekly dose of suffering.
I will shoot straight for Mitchell Canyon. Only adds about ten minutes from my house and it is a little bit of an early start. So see you at Mitchell Canyon at 10:30.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.