Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually keep my front thru axle lubricated with Slick Honey but I forgot to bring it with me on a trip. My front thru axle was getting a bit tricky to reinsert so I rubbed it down with some jojoba oil that I had and that seemed to do the trick.

Are there any downsides of using jojoba oil on a thru axle in a pinch? If not then I might just keep using jojoba oil as needed when traveling because that would just be one less thing that I would need to keep track of

· Rippin da fAt
12,494 Posts
I usually keep my front thru axle lubricated with Slick Honey but I forgot to bring it with me on a trip. My front thru axle was getting a bit tricky to reinsert so I rubbed it down with some jojoba oil that I had and that seemed to do the trick.

Are there any downsides of using jojoba oil on a thru axle in a pinch? If not then I might just keep using jojoba oil as needed when traveling because that would just be one less thing that I would need to keep track of
While it likely is ok for short term, it may become a sticky mess.
Would I use it on my bike, not unless there was a dire need. A light coat of Slick Honey goes a long way and I blatantly refuse to flood my bike with oil/grease since it attracts dirt, sand and trouble when overdosed!
Hygiene is your friend!

· Registered
1,842 Posts
Its the most stable of vegetable oils, so if you have to ot should be ok. Other veg an animals oils will go rancid quickly, even getting acidic. And i can imagine the bugs and bears that will want to lick you bike with bacon fat!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts