Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanna try making a simple light worthy for offroading at night in the local trail....wanna ask if anyone has a step by step guide or general guide/manual around to help? i am new at this DIY light stuff (i kinda suck at electronics) but have some experience with machining and plastics. Main reason is i cant justify spending a significant amt of cash on lighting and i would rather DIY and learn some skills at the same thing. Thanks in advance! :D

·
One Gear
1,077 Posts
Find Achesalot. He has a link to his website that is very comprehensive. Lots of links for parts and good step by step instructions. Look around, there are some outstanding machined lights as well. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post their light creations here!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I suggest that you make the pond scum light instead. It's just as powerful, but it is much easier to make, plus it's parts are easier to find and cheaper too.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lambda_drive said:
I suggest that you make the pond scum light instead. It's just as powerful, but it is much easier to make, plus it's parts are easier to find and cheaper too.
whats a pond scum light?

G

·
There's a new home made lights database in the bike lights section, it's great for picking up some ideas.
If you do make a light don't forget to add it. Oh and good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts