Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy another wheelset for my '09 GF Tassajara. However, I'm concerned that the rotors on the new wheels would not line up to fit between the calipers. All wheelsets are engineered with standard spacing, so that the rotors line up between the brake pads in the front and rear calipers, right?

All answers, input, suggestions, or comments would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
10,966 Posts
In theory it should line up but in reality it won't. Unless your replacement wheel has the same hub you will probably need to tweak the caliper each time you swap wheels. A millimeter of difference can be the difference between a rub and not.

It sucks but that is how it will most likely be. I have never had it not be that way with wheels I have swapped before.

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
^^This^^

In theory it should line up but in reality it won't. Unless your replacement wheel has the same hub you will probably need to tweak the caliper each time you swap wheels. A millimeter of difference can be the difference between a rub and not.

It sucks but that is how it will most likely be. I have never had it not be that way with wheels I have swapped before.
Same experience here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts