Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to know if there were any trails out that were not muddy.

Wanted to go somewhere tomorrow.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Horse Hill in Merrimack is mostly fine; some mud but almost nothing that needs to be walked. Rocky trail is the only one to avoid as there are several shin deep puddles. There's another one at marker 4/Long Pond Bypass, but it's easy to get around and there are plenty of alternative routes for the loop.

·
Registered
335 Posts
According to Southern NH Nemba posts the last 2 days: Horse Hill is posted as closed; Musquash is closed, will open 4/19; Bear brook singletrack is "a mess"; the only thing dry North of Lowell-Dracut is mines Falls in Nashua

·
Registered
335 Posts
A bit more trail info: Central NH Nemba has posted on their website that Ramblin Vewe Farm trails in Gilford, NH are closed and posted as such. This is farm trust land and they generously allow MTB/walking trails to be built, so keep them happy and stay away until the signs come down. Fun singletrack has been built here by Chainline Cycles in Laconia and CNHNemba--try it when it's dry!

·
Registered
562 Posts
According to Southern NH Nemba posts the last 2 days: Horse Hill is posted as closed;
I actually just got back from there - some woman told me that bikers were not allowed and that there were signs saying that. I looked carefully on my way out but saw none, and did see a bunch of other bikers. What gives?

Edit - are you talking about on the facebook group? There definitely aren't any signs at the Amherst rd parking lot.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Billy-- I got the info about Horse Hill in my yahoo mail from [email protected]; they definitely said posted, which I assume means signs. I just passed the info along, contact them for the skinny. They sent the massage on the 12th.- maybe things got better and the signs were taken down, or someone just took them down, it has happened before.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Thanks for letting me know! I'll keep an eye out, and I just requested to join the FB group. I'd like to participate in any upcoming trail work anyway.

·
Ride and Smile suckas
593 Posts
Horse Hill is posted closed and the doubletrack is very messy. Please stay out until we post it open. Mines Falls is really the only trail system in NH that is open. If you are leaving marks you are giving MTB a bad name.

·
Ride and Smile suckas
593 Posts
Nope, still in the Kiosk. All of the kiosks around the park have this sign.
Next year we will go with Yellow background signs and we will post them in additional places. thank you for respecting the closures. soon we will have dirt

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'll just look harder next time, I guess. Any idea when the signs will come down? I generally walk mud and stick to dry trails anyway.

Just fyi, I tried to join the SNEMBA FB group recently but haven't been accepted yet; I'd be happy to put in a few hours next time there's a trail work day, so please PM me if there's something else I need to do to join.

·
Registered
1 Posts
(4/13) Bear Brook signs saying wet conditions, "avoid using trails" with a note permitting foot traffic. Puddles present but grounds are slowly firming up down here.

·
Registered
457 Posts
haven't been since, but i imagine it must be better. will hit up the york/kittery stuff in the am. should be good to go.

FAT BIKES ONLY!:D

rog
No fat bike here
Tomorrow afternoon i can ride Stratham, York/Kittery or Smith Preserve. Not really familiar with York/Kittery...

1 - 20 of 71 Posts