Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pivot Rider
1,088 Posts
With these warm temps, we are getting some serious melt -- trails are ankle deep with mud or the snow is super slick and slushy. We hope that all mtn bikers will take care of our trails and please stay off of them while they are in the muddy/slushy phase. (super early morning frozen mud rides are advised if you must get out!)

However, Pueblo trails are in super fine shape!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yetigirl said:
With these warm temps, we are getting some serious melt -- trails are ankle deep with mud or the snow is super slick and slushy. We hope that all mtn bikers will take care of our trails and please stay off of them while they are in the muddy/slushy phase. (super early morning frozen mud rides are advised if you must get out!)

However, Pueblo trails are in super fine shape!!! :thumbsup:
That's what I figured, just curious if there was something a bit closer.

Thanks

·
134 Posts
Temperatures above 8000' already over 40*F. Conditions on Bergen Peak were excellent yesterday: no mud or slush. But that could all be different by now. I'll second Yetigirl - hit the trails early before they thaw. I'm back to doing laps at Pine Valley:sleep: The only mud there is the first 1/4 mile on the ol' railroad bed.

·
134 Posts
Pine Valley

looked like this yesterday afternoon -

no mud on the railbed after all:)
Road Trail Mountain bike Soil Bicycle frame

Nice hard-pack on Strawberry Jack
Winter Natural environment Freezing Snow Forest

A mix of snow/dry dirt on Strawberry
Bicycle tire Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel

Sections of Buck Gulch were getting soft and some of the transitions from snow to dirt to snow were getting an icy edge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.