Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm from NY and have relatives in Boca Raton (how surprising is that?), anyhow I usually fly down to visit but I might drive down next time for an extended stay and want to bring my Eastern thunderbird. Would like to know if there are any decent DJ parks in the Boca, Pompano, Lauderdale or even W. Palm Beach areas that would make it worth while to bring my bike. Thanks

G

·
Yep! Markham Park bro. :D

Its in the Ft. Lauderdale area. There is also Oleta State Park in the Miami area that has some DJ's as well. In the long run, Markham Park is what you want. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
116 Posts
ragman said:
I from NY and have relatives in Boca Raton (how surprising is that?), anyhow I usually fly down to visit but I might drive down next time for an extended stay and want to bring my Eastern thunderbird. Would like to know if there are any decent DJ parks in the Boca, Pompano, Lauderdale or even W. Palm Beach areas that would make it worth while to bring my bike. Thanks
Not...at...all haha. yup markham is the place to go. Never been but it's talked about quite a bit. I have some friends down south that ride there religiously.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info - did a google search on Markham Park and found lots of good info. Never knew that place existed....looks real cool but will have to bring the XC bike also to really get the most out of it. Thanks again!

·
yeah, uh............bikes
2,712 Posts
Jim311 said:
Markham has some jumps, but is there really *much* dirt jumping there?
I think El Doble to the two shellrock jumps would beconsidered a dirt jump line. Then there's the big hip, the wallride, the drop to tabletop, and a gnarly looking gap jump.

El Dub has been in great shape for the past few months, those guys are really doing a great job.

·
Jackalope Hunter
934 Posts
Yeah Markham is a lot of fun for being a pretty small park. I haven't been since the wallride and gap were built, but I like to hit it once in a while even through its a 3 hour drive for me. Good XC trails too. Suprisingly challenging with more climbing and tech (in a few spots) than you might expect for being in Ft Lauderdale.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.