Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a new ride for the lady friend.
Was looking between the marin mount vision (xt kit) or the 2008 fuel ex8 or 9
Figured inventory would be low at most places due to the climate change, so canada411'd bike shops and made 30 calls, most of which had short bus kids answering the phones with no knowledge or comon sense as to the questions i was asking. ---RANT here, this is what pissed me off, when im willing to drop 4 grand on something you have to peddle (i can get a 118 hp hyundai accent for 11,892.22 with tax and the stock brake pads and tires will last at least 70thousand k, unlike my organic avids) and the guys on the phone cant even figure out what they have in stock or if the frame is carbon or aluminum or even the color of the bikes they have --- thanks needed that.
looks like im going to have to go the ebay way, unless someone can help

need a medium, could just be frame/fork, open to any deals, preferably white, i think it was sweet petes had a giant trance xo for 2800, great deal, just not the right size.

would like to keep my money in canada
hope everyone had a safe and happy holidays and didnt put any aluminum bolts on there stem face plates

·
rad to the power of sick
1,969 Posts
maynard said:
need a medium, could just be frame/fork, open to any deals, preferably white, i think it was sweet petes had a giant trance xo for 2800, great deal, just not the right size.

would like to keep my money in canada
hope everyone had a safe and happy holidays and didnt put any aluminum bolts on there stem face plates
Braun's Bicycles, is having a 50% off all 08 bikes, until January 3rd. Definitely worth checking out.

They have a store in Kitchener ad Guelph.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info

just gave them a call , thanks for the info
bike zone was closed today, and lost out on this months rent ;)
might make the trip from toronto saturday afternoon

·
Sir Hurt Locker
1,028 Posts
Another option would be to wait til March and see what the bike show in Toronto has to offer. The spring show offers good deals on complete bikes if you go the first day.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got the ex 9 , thanks for the help

Tim, i think his name was, took care of us well

18.5 inch frame/ talas rl,/ rp23

stock parts
but upgraded to
juicy carbons, crossmax SSC, king headset, hope front qr ( 5 grams heavier then the stock bontrager , which was also 6 grams heavier then the stock crossmax)
gonna change the stem and super sized bars
thanks to all once again for the help
2750 taxes in and a pink camel bak at 25% off

28.5 pounds with me and the bike on the scale, well actually 257 pounds, with me and the bike and a obese midget on the scale

Attachments

·
Registered
710 Posts
maynard said:
Tim, i think his name was, took care of us well

18.5 inch frame/ talas rl,/ rp23

stock parts
but upgraded to
juicy carbons, crossmax SSC, king headset, hope front qr ( 5 grams heavier then the stock bontrager , which was also 6 grams heavier then the stock crossmax)
gonna change the stem and super sized bars
thanks to all once again for the help
2750 taxes in and a pink camel bak at 25% off

28.5 pounds with me and the bike on the scale, well actually 257 pounds, with me and the bike and a obese midget on the scale
Great looking bike - did you get it from Speed River? I have never been there but it is good to hear you got good service. Did they still have the 17.5" Ex 8? Isn't that a 2009 or is it a 2008 in the pictures?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yep speed river

kaikara said:
Great looking bike - did you get it from Speed River? I have never been there but it is good to hear you got good service. Did they still have the 17.5" Ex 8? Isn't that a 2009 or is it a 2008 in the pictures?
they still had the 2008 ex8 in black, should be around 2100 taxes in
this is a 2008
thanks

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this one was not a great deal, but a nice bike none the less

2008 575..
nixon it
hadley 729
juicy carbon with extra ti and alum
weird rotors
xtr shfter, both der
dues crank, king in gold when i can find one for the bb
31ish pounds
hope is most of the gold stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no the yeti is 5 months old

the frame and build was, 2200, frame build, seat post and front der.
trek was a much better deal overall in my opinion
1700 dollars for some carbon a manipulated top tube and a single pivot, yah ;) -- can you say rip off --- RandD is from 1993 atleast the trek has a new idea.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.