Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Rode it today, it was beautiful! i started out with all my cold weather stuff on, and 1/4 mile into the trail was down to just shorts and a short sleeve jersey. There were a few packed snowy spots and a little mud, but i'd say about 75% completely dry, the downhills on the south-side were perfect! Mathew Winters Park on the other hand was a mudpit.

http://www.jzsworld.com/PS_Photos.aspx?ID=45349a30-3b50-47f4-9b74-2b633565951e

·
Registered
50 Posts
Apex

Did not have the bike today...but went for a lunch run at Apex...

Snowy (mostly packed...few wet spots) from entering the trees to the rock ramp at the intersection of Apex/Pick & Sledge...from there I ran up Pick and Sledge to the trail junction sign with Grubstake and it was in great shape except a couple muddy spots and the N/NE stuff was packed with snow...

With 40's and windy in the forecast for the coming days...let's hope for some continued melting/drying...cheers all!

·
Armchair Sasquatcheror
310 Posts
Yesterday

Dakota Ridge is in great shape, Matt Winters was also, except for some clay mud before the new bridge near the north lot. I would recommend not riding that section. Otherwise had a great ride yesterday, short sleeve shirt and shorts and was comfy the whole time. I am glad I got one in before the wind picked up.

·
Registered
150 Posts
rode..

it yesterday around 3pm. I would say it's definitely "ridable". Dakota was awesome but sloppy at the stairs (where i walk anyways). The fast decent down Dakota to the road was perfect.

i was suprised that 80% of matthew winters was rideable but the dirt was alittle slow. the ONLY $hitty part was the very last portion before the bridge (about 200 yards). it was pretty muddy. all in all.. i said it was totally worth it and it should only get better in the next few days or today.

ps.. it doesn't mean some trail hippies won't give you the stink eye for riding some wet parts but my bike wasn't super muddy when i was done.

P"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.