Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
trail "cleaner"
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked Cove's web site and noticed the Hustler. Sweet looking bike. Anybody out there own one? I currently own a 03 Siffee FR and this bike appears to have the same front triangle as the Hustler. Will a 5" fork work OK even though they say it's designed around a 4" fork?

·
Registered
6 Posts
One Cove Hustler owner

Yep. just got one. Only 1 week old but allready clocked up about 20hrs in the saddle. This bike has a massive grin factor and so far has handled everything thrown at it. I run 100mm forks and the handling is razor sharp and recon it could handle a longer fork if needed. Get one you will not be disappointed.

·
trail "cleaner"
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lets see some photos!!

Godders said:
Yep. just got one. Only 1 week old but allready clocked up about 20hrs in the saddle. This bike has a massive grin factor and so far has handled everything thrown at it. I run 100mm forks and the handling is razor sharp and recon it could handle a longer fork if needed. Get one you will not be disappointed.
How's the weight and pedaling efficiency? Any photos to share?? :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
As requested.......

....some photos!

Bike must be ~28lbs with an XC build. The frame came with a 2005 fox float rp3 (which was an unexpected bonus). This has 3 pro pedal settings one is super plush for down hill, standard pro pedal which works well 90% of the time and a ?climbing setting which
eliminates almost all pedal bob. As a result the bike climbs very well and all round pedal effeciency is very good over all terrain.

Check out the photos
(if this upload thing has worked)

Attachments

·
trail "cleaner"
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rear tire size capability

Looks awesome! How large of a rear tire do you think will fit? I prefer 2.4's and was hoping they'd fit OK. I'd also run either a Z1 SL or a Talas up front. Do you think a 130mm travel would hose the handling? Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
hmmm

2.4 is going to be tight at the back, if t does fit it won't leave much room for mud.
A talas would be perfect, i think it could handle a 130mm fork although having the option to come down to 100mm would be great if you good since the handling is so good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.