Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I work at a bike shop and am currently building up a zion non-Ebb(got for $200) into an SS. I kinda want to make it non-traditional with neat lookin' components maybe even the shimano WH-M765 wheelset...I only get employee disc on like Specialized, Diamondback, Shimano, Sram &other big parts manufacturers.... Any Idea's for crank arms or any other cool (&/or different components)...I saw a funky stem a while ago on some forum....Anyway im rambling OT, Any thoughts would be appreciated

·
Steamroller
1,227 Posts
Un S the cranks

You really can't improve much on shimano cranks, if you can get a discount that makes the descision easy, I'd go 180mm XT and to be different take the markings off as I did on my FS bike (or would that make you the same?). Avid Mechanical disc brakes are also hard to improve on, but you could add the goth rotors. I'd work the discounts as much as you can and then use some little parts and finishing tricks if you want to make it unique.

Adding to, or removing the finish on parts can be pretty easy. You could paint your frame a non stock color, or add pinstripes, flames, etc. Paint markers can be bought in most any color and can be used sparinly to add a touch of color here or there. You could use colored cable housing. Anodized bolts are available for many applications. Colored tires are out there (I hope never on my bike). You are only limited by your imagination and everyone elses.

Here is a picture of my generic Shimano crank ........ sorry for the geary pic!

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.