Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Happy Christmas and have a great New Year to everyone to start with!

I'm thinking about fitting a Fox RP3 to my next Preston, and wondered if it was upn to hauling around 240lbs around? I usually run either a Romic D Coil or Manitou Swinger 4 way air on my bikes, so any help you could possibly give would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Air pressure

Just remember to regularly check the air pressure. That's the one drawback to this shock for a heavy rider.

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah thank you, I used to have an RC air shock on my Tracer, this was exactly the same, in fact I often check my pressures when running air shocks :)

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
starsky said:
Sorry, didn't mean that last post to sound patronising! I mean the RP3 seems to lose air quite rapidly.
Oh no not at all, I really didn't see it as patronising, so sorry if my reply sounded as if I did! :)

Thank you for your help, and Happy New Year! :D

·
Registered
555 Posts
Been using an RP3

Since they came out on my Ellsworth Id. My favorite air shock, and I have owned most of them. Smooth and supple as a Romic (my favorite coil shock) but keeps rear wheel planted better. Dont know if I would own it if I had to go much over the 2.6 to 1 leverage ratio, as extreme pressures are the death knell for air shocks IMHO. Jim

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
260+ here and ride a RP3 that has been PUSHed on my El Cap. The PUSH is not necessary, just my preference.

As long as the leverage ratio is in the 2-2.5x range most of today's larger volume air shocks should work fine for clydes.

I've got buddies north of 275 that ride Floats and RP3s all day long.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts