Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I was messing around with a spare rim the other day and seated a Specialized Captain Control "2bliss" to my Salsa Semi rim. I picked up some yellow Stans tape the other day and by mistake it was the wrong size (too wide for my Stans Flow) so I figured I'd see how the Semi rolls tubeless.

Here's my question to the Clydes or anybody that rides their Semi's hard. The rim itself states not to run them tubeless but the tire is holding pressure very well. Is this because the tire will burp or even peel off on a hard hit becuase the lip of the rim isn't designed for tubeless?
I'd love to hear some of your success or ill attempts at running the Semi tubeless.

**Cross thread in the Clydes forum**

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow. Any One...... I was wondering the same thing. Well I'm on light side of clydes. I run WTB Laserdics Trail 29er with gorilla tape stans valve stem and nevs with no problem at all. This weekend I'm going to set up a set of Semi's the same way. I don't see why there would be any problem with the Semi's nice wide profile.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
blotter, you mention you used "Gorilla tape"? Is that the standard duct tape? Or is that a bike specific tape?
If it's just your normal day to day Gorilla tape did you go around the rim once or twice?
Glad it's working out for you.

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
Bunyan said:
blotter, you mention you used "Gorilla tape"? Is that the standard duct tape? Or is that a bike specific tape?
If it's just your normal day to day Gorilla tape did you go around the rim once or twice?
Glad it's working out for you.
Gorilla Tape is Duct Tape on steroids...it comes convienietly in a 1" wide "Handy Roll" and works every bit as good as Stans Yellow tape but costs $3.

One wrap overlapping at the valve stem hole works great for sealing the spoke holes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.