Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
getting back into it
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Titec? Al or Ti? What are your experiences? Is the Al durable for a clyde? I'm seriously thinking about picking one up, but the Ti price is out of my range. I'm most interested in the Loop H-bar (in Al).

·
Registered
68 Posts
i am running luv bars on my single speed 29 er. they are alum and i am running 290's currently and dont hav any issues. the grams save are worth it for me for any ti material i have plenty of other ways to drop a few grams.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a fully outfitted Ti Jones bar that I no longer use. The shape of the Jones was reducing the reach on my bike so I went back to conventional bars. I did like the many hand positions.

I'd part with it if it went to a good home :)

·
getting back into it
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up picking up an aluminum Loop H-bar, and have ordered some IRD shifter perches for my barcon shifters and cork grips and tape. Still need to get a mount for my headlight. I'm looking forward to this!

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have the Titec H-bars on my fatbike and I love them, for some reason I have more confidence with them and my elbows don't hurt as much after a ride for some reason.

·
getting back into it
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's exactly what I'm looking for. I (badly) dislocated my left elbow two years ago, and I still can't keep weight on it for longer periods of time. I'll mount it in more of an upright position and have multiple hand positions. I'm hoping this will help alot. I'm looking forward to longer rides once again ...

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've got a Titec H-Bar on my commuter Karate Monkey, and I like it. Took a while to get used to it, but now it feels very natural.

I haven't taken it offroad yet, though.... it could be that I won't like it once I try a few bumpy descents. That's what happened when I tried Mary bars a few years ago.

·
getting back into it
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Loop H-bar is on. Just gotta finish it up (brake levers, shifters, grips & tape). Looking forward to it! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts