Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Clydes out there riding either of these bikes?

Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp Disk 100

Kona Dawg Dee-Lux

I'm a new rider, trying to decide which to buy. I've ridden the Specialized, and it felt good. I've not yet ridden the Kona.

I'm 6'2" tall, 235 lbs. Are both these bikes tough enough to handle moderate riding for a guy my size?

Thanks.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hold on Mac.

Get out there and check that Dawg out first. You don't want to get a bike in a fit of pique and then find it just ain't the bike for you.

Also, scope out any other rides from the LBSs in your area. You never know. A Jamis or Giant might sneak up and surprise you.

See what the fit, feel and handling are like. If you like, get the bike. If you don't then move on.

·
Slave to the grind
514 Posts
ADIDAS said:
I am 6'5'' 225 and just got a Stumpjumper FSR 120 expert. So far so good. I would think that the Kikapau would be a closer comparism to the Stumpjumper. The Dawg would be closer to the Enduro.
makes sense.... i ride a 99 stump fsr comp so far so good too.. but ive been very gentle with it- being radially laced tires and all.

been dreaming of a dawg or an enduro myself. both out of my budget but hey i can dream canti I?

let me know what you end up getting and how it suits ya.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.