Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
TRANCER
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At one point I was around 210lbs kitted up. I had to swap to a Fox X2 running max tokens at around 240psi. It's been so long though I don't remember anything other than that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I'm about 220 geared up and I am bottoming out in the rear. I bought the tokens but before I start playing with them I thought I'd start a thread to get a few ideas to play with. Also, talking bikes is always fun :)

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I'm about 220 geared up and I am bottoming out in the rear. I bought the tokens but before I start playing with them I thought I'd start a thread to get a few ideas to play with. Also, talking bikes is always fun :)
It's going to be close for you. I can't remember what the exact ratio was but I believe it was weight in pounds * 1.2 = needed PSI.

·
high pivot witchcraft
6,179 Posts
I was out with an old friend yesterday. 6’8”, 210 pounds. XXL frame with the dropper at the minimum insertion line. Crazy.

He’s ridden twice this year.

I had a ***** of a time keeping up with him.

Going out with him again today. I will try to snap a few shots.

·
TRANCER
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's going to be close for you. I can't remember what the exact ratio was but I believe it was weight in pounds * 1.2 = needed PSI.

Yeah, I was running the recommended pressure and played with it at a few higher pressure's etc. Didn't feel as planted as I'd like and so ordered the token kit to be able to run the lower psi. I forgot what a pain in the ass it's always been for me to get it set like I like.

·
No talent hack
1,118 Posts
Skip the recommended pressure. Take the time to actually measure and set your sag to figure out what you need. I am 280 on a HT. The recommended was 310psi IIRC but that was far too soft. I spent time with an index card and a ruler measuring the sag to set it correctly. Then I rode the bike again on the test trail and bottomed it a little to often, so I replaced the volume spacer with the next size up and the bike is a dream now!

Rider: 280#
Shock: Fox DPS Evol Factory
PSI: 325
Volume spacer: Orange (0.8in^3)

Fork: Rockshox Yari 140mm
PSI: 95
Volume spacers: 4 tokens

·
TRANCER
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Skip the recommended pressure. Take the time to actually measure and set your sag to figure out what you need. I am 280 on a HT. The recommended was 310psi IIRC but that was far too soft. I spent time with an index card and a ruler measuring the sag to set it correctly. Then I rode the bike again on the test trail and bottomed it a little to often, so I replaced the volume spacer with the next size up and the bike is a dream now!

Rider: 280#
Shock: Fox DPS Evol Factory
PSI: 325
Volume spacer: Orange (0.8in^3)

Fork: Rockshox Yari 140mm
PSI: 95
Volume spacers: 4 tokens
I set the sag at 15 - 17mm like it was recommended. I tried less sag but even after days of playing around with it would bottom out on small drops. When I tried 12mm sag it just didn't ride as it should. Going to start playing with the tokens this week. I dont plan to have this problem for long though as my goal is to lose 20 lbs anyways. But right now it is driving me up the wall.

·
No talent hack
1,118 Posts
You are doing what I did. I set the sag and it bottomed hard too often. Set the sag to the 15-17 and adjust the token. If I rode trails with bigger drops and stuff, I would put the next size up from the orange one. The token changed everything on the bike. :)

·
TRANCER
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You are doing what I did. I set the sag and it bottomed hard too often. Set the sag to the 15-17 and adjust the token. If I rode trails with bigger drops and stuff, I would put the next size up from the orange one. The token changed everything on the bike. :)
thanks for the advice. Just installed the orange one and takin it for a ride tomorrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.