Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

361 - 374 of 374 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
No rotor rub, front tire appears aligned and straight. Still doing the vibration at what seems to be certain parts on the tire on each rotation. Still not sure what it is...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Does your wheel look tru when you spin it? If it is not tru you may have some loose spokes. Just curious but the axle is tight on the wheel correct?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I dented my rear rim pretty good last season and finally got around to getting a replacement. I was wanting to get a Spank 350 but it required new spokes and was not available in my timeframe. LBS gave me a great deal on a Spank Oozy Trail 345 (30mm id) and my mechanic laced it up to the old hub.

After a couple weeks I went for a new rear tire since the Michelin Wild AM 2.6 was a little snug and slow for the summer XC season. Went with an e13 Semi Slick LG1r EN 2.35. Hard, fast rolling center nobs, softer grippy cornering nobs with an Aramid Enduro casing. Should be perfect for coaching Colorado XC and bike park days.

Had a Cush Core installed at the same time and everything sealed up perfectly with Orange Seal.

I have around 20 miles or so on the new setup and I am very happy so far. Still messing around with pressures but my climbing and braking traction was sufficient for our currently very dry trails.

·
Registered
633 Posts
You guys should check out the new Seth bike hacks video, he has a new bike he shows at the end that looks like a 5c 29er.....could be wrong...

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a new DB carbon release 5c large, my question is , i can hear a continous clicking sound during free wheeling, iam not pedaling. they say its normal, but its loud and annoying? what can i do?

·
Registered
114 Posts
i have a new DB carbon release 5c large, my question is , i can hear a continous clicking sound during free wheeling, iam not pedaling. they say its normal, but its loud and annoying? what can i do?
If you are strictly talking about your free hub, there’s nothing you can do unless you swap it out with a different free hub. That’s just how it sounds. It will also get louder with time as the lubrication inside starts to wear down/ dry out. I hated it at first but now I like it because people hear me coming up behind them and move over without me having to say anything. I call it the beehive lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
IMG_5741.jpg IMG_5742.jpg IMG_5743.jpg

Iv'e had my 4C for about a year now. It's been a great bang for the buck bike. Done a few minor upgrades just for giggles. To the guy that is irritated by noisy hubs, don't ever get Hope hubs.

361 - 374 of 374 Posts