Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

341 - 360 of 374 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Trying to dial in my suspension. Can someone around 150-160lb share all their fork and shock psi/ settings with # of clicks. I want suggestions to try for myself. Thanks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm looking at getting the 4C but I'm scared of the set up. When you say you had to adjust the calipers, what do you mean? Is it easy? Do I need special tools? Also does the bike come with sealant for tubeless or did you have to get that yourself?

And the level links. Did you have to disassemble all the pivots and reassemble? Any issues with alignment as has been reported with the aluminum releases?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
If you have to ask about adjusting the brakes then it’s probably too much bike for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Anyone willing to trade their 125mm KS LEV (new or lightly used) from a small or medium release for my 150mm KS LEV (which is very lightly used and in perfect condition) dropper post?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Anyone willing to trade their 125mm KS LEV (new or lightly used) from a small or medium release for my 150mm KS LEV (which is very lightly used and in perfect condition) dropper post?
I believe I have a 125 lev from my 2018 M 5C that I'd be willing to trade. I'll check this evening, PM me if still interested.
Chad.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Did some spring cleaning with my bike this week...took all linkages apart, cleaned and re-greased. Running just as silent as new now!

One issue I had...I took most cockpit bolts out to grease and re-torque to spec. I am an idiot and loosened up the stem clamp on the fork, forgetting I had taken out the top cap and screw to clean already. Fork dropped out of the frame and parts everywhere.

I *think* I got everything put together correctly. the bearing in the bottom of the headset came out, and spacers went everywhere, but I don't think anything else scattered away other than the top dust cap. I reassembled it all and there is no play in it, but still nervous I missed something as I am not super familiar with headset maintenance. Anyone have any advice? Or would you rec to just take by a shop to make sure everything is in order. I couldn't find a good diagram on FSA site that clearly labels all the parts.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here is an exploded view of a typical headset, this one in particular is used on the 5C/4C (FSA No.57).

View attachment 1247346

First let me start by saying, this happens to the best of us.

I'm going to point out the part by number in the drawing to indicate in what parts you may have dropped.

Lets start with the bottom cup, the only thing that will fall out is the bearing (#8), so if you got that back in your good.

Top cup, you likely dropped the headset cover (#2), 2 seals (#1 & 3) and possibly the compression ring (#4) and bearing (#5), if you got all those parts back in your good.

Glad to hear the linkage disassembly/assembly went well, it can be a bugger for some folks. If you ever have any issues/concerns, I've posted a document to show how it should be performed that I worked with DB creating, to assist riders. :thumbsup:
Took the headset back apart, intentionally this time, and looks like I am missing # 1 and 3, unless they are somehow fused together or lodged within the headset cover. I looked all over the garage and no missing parts laying around. I don't see anything that looks like it has gotten stuck to the headset cover :madman:

Edit: how many spacers came on your 5C? I have 5 on mine but one of them is super thin...want to make sure this is a spacer and not part of the headset...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is there a rubber gasket around parts 1&3? If so that should be what your looking for.

Don't recall how many spacers it came with sorry.

Sent from #THELEGENDMTB using Tapatalk on an iPhone
There is a rubber gasket in the underside of the headset cover, but as best as I could tell it seems like it is all one piece. When I put the headset back together this way everything went together well and there is no play at all so I am assuming it all went together correctly!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah that sounds right, usually the rubber seal/gasket is attached, not sure why they show it as a separate part in the diagram, maybe just to confuse people. Have fun and enjoy your refreshed ride.
Thanks and thanks again for the help, happy trails!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I noticed on my 5C today that when I spin the front wheel, it vibrates all the way up the stanchion and you can feel it in the handlebars. Is this something with the hub and should I be concerned about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Anyone have trouble with their rear axle coming loose? Mine's come loose 3 or 4 times now. Threads seem fine, and I've always used a torque wrench to tighten it to 10Nm.

I'm trying blue loctite this time around.
Yup. My aluminum Release is having issues every ride. I'll be switching to a bolt instead of the QR.

341 - 360 of 374 Posts