Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

301 - 320 of 374 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
Don't overlook the bottom bracket. I had a creak for a while that I couldn't pinpoint and it turned out to be the BB.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Next ride took a while due to unforeseen circumstances. So far my 3 layer Gorilla Tape is holding up fine after 4 DH laps (2 chunky, 2 flowy/jumpy). I used all my travel .

Also, in Guy's diagram, it would be impossible to construct that out of 1 piece of standard tape. My flap is already as deep as the tape is wide. Not saying the idea doesn't have merit, would just take more creative construction.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've just come to accept that some creaking with carbon is normal. The carbon amplifies every little creak. Right now I have some mild creaking again. Once it gets bad I'll grease everything up again.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just had 200 mm rotors installed front and rear. My 180 rear rotor was discolored from overheating and the rear brake was already in need of its third bleed in 2 months.

Also, MRP AMg guide is running strong. 0 dropped chains in several rides

·
Registered
32 Posts
Would any large/xl 5c owners be interested in trading dropper posts?

The 125mm dropper post on my medium is just a little too short. Pm me if interested.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I did the pivot service yesterday on my medium 5c, as I noticed a slight creak. I had no alignment issues upon re-assembly as others in the release 1/2/3 thread have complained about. Definitely did not need a mallet. I did notice the axles had a chamfer, which seems to be a revised design from DB to make this service easier.

The creak is solved for now, but I discovered a very small internal hex set screw in the bottom pivot hole on the main frame. No clue where it's from..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
In the seat tube? Could you be shedding parts from your dropper?
That does look like it could be the dropper post's actuating cable retaining bolt at the bottom of the dropper and have some loose and fallen. Is the dropper post functioning properly?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yup! It was the dropper post cable retaining bolt. Oddly enough, it was working correctly, but now it's installed. Thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just got my Guide RS rear brake lever warrantied and replaced with an RSC. My rear brake was getting squishy after a very short amount of use. Here's hoping it gets the job done .

·
Registered
4 Posts
2018 Diamondback Release 5c

I have been very happy with my release, only mods I have made are running wheels tubeless and bottle cage on outside of frame. Only regret is lack of space for bottle cage on INSIDE of frame. Terrific bike for the money, great value. Diamondback Release 5c.jpg

301 - 320 of 374 Posts