Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i think this is my first post...anyway, I am contemplating purchasing the XR rockers for my 04 Burner. Anybody have pictures of what it looks like actually on the burner? Before/After pictures would be preferred but any would do! Thanks! Im proud to be a Turner Homer! lol!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whahh......

Is it just me or is that a dolphin riding a turner? lol! Seriously, that pic totally cracked me up!!! You mentioned a big difference, what more specifically is better/worse/different for those of you who have them? I think they look pretty cool too! Oh, where is that trail you are on too? thanks!

·
Registered
668 Posts
There's just a little more "aaaahhh" when you hit something - particularly something big. It's pretty damn plush.

Aside from re-cutting cable housing and the money for the rockers, I can't think of a reason not to do it.

The trail is Porcupine Rim in Moab, about a month or so ago. Since it's freaking snowing here in Denver, I'm jonesing to make another trip. What's a dolphin-faced boy to do?

It's Friday people, and there's been no clown crap. What, is everyone riding?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im and idiot! LOL!

The trail is Porcupine Rim in Moab, about a month or so ago. Since it's freaking snowing here in Denver, I'm jonesing to make another trip. What's a dolphin-faced boy to do?

I can't believe i didn't recognize that! D'oh! Talk about a "Homer" moment! I'm from utah and make the trek down there a lot (Im a few hours north in Provo) and i can't believe i didn't recognize it, i figured it was Moab! How foar is moab from denver? I've only gone through Wyoming when going to denver.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Where to buy?

Where are you buying them? Paul's?

af73 said:
Hey guys, i think this is my first post...anyway, I am contemplating purchasing the XR rockers for my 04 Burner. Anybody have pictures of what it looks like actually on the burner? Before/After pictures would be preferred but any would do! Thanks! Im proud to be a Turner Homer! lol!

·
BODYSNATCHER
287 Posts
I looked at Pauls

Caveman Lawyer said:
Where are you buying them? Paul's?
...but couldn't find them there. There is an old thread withe link, do a search and it comes up, but I can't find them at their online store...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mr magu said:
...but couldn't find them there. There is an old thread withe link, do a search and it comes up, but I can't find them at their online store...
Yeah, just give them a call, mine are ordered and hopefully on their way. They don't have then on the website but they do have a production run of the rockers and they told me there were going fast. Its cool cuz you can talk to paul himself! Good luck!

·
BODYSNATCHER
287 Posts
....k!

af73 said:
Yeah, just give them a call, mine are ordered and hopefully on their way. They don't have then on the website but they do have a production run of the rockers and they told me there were going fast. Its cool cuz you can talk to paul himself! Good luck!
:cool:

·
Registered
163 Posts
how come...

DLine said:
Here's a pic with XR rockers on a size large. I really like them - there was a noticable difference...

Sorry for the small pic.
How tall are you? It seems like every Burner picture shows a mile of seat post showing. I am 6 feet tall with a 31" inseam. Will this be my fate on a size large Burner as well?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Pardon my ignorance...

... It looks like some of you modify the rear travel by changing the "rockers". Am i correct? I build a Burner last fall and I enjoy this bike very much, but sometimes I wish for a little more cushion. Could someone tell me how much more travel do you get by switching the rockers?
Thank in advance.

·
Registered
668 Posts
zurC atnaS said:
How tall are you? It seems like every Burner picture shows a mile of seat post showing. I am 6 feet tall with a 31" inseam. Will this be my fate on a size large Burner as well?
6'1" with a 35" inseam - long legs and arms. A large is the right bike for you with your inseam and height, and you won't show as much post as I do. I'm on the border between L and XL, but prefer a smaller frame and shorter wheelbase. A long post also means better standover, which is a good thing. You could get a gravity dropper post if you are concerned about too much post on the descents...

·
Registered
668 Posts
VTT said:
... It looks like some of you modify the rear travel by changing the "rockers". Am i correct? I build a Burner last fall and I enjoy this bike very much, but sometimes I wish for a little more cushion. Could someone tell me how much more travel do you get by switching the rockers?
Thank in advance.
The rockers are the black arms that link the rear triangle to the top of the shock. The "XR" Rockers allow 4" (or 100mm) of travel (vs. 3.6" or 90mm on a stock Burner) using a 6.5x1.5 shock. They are or were available through Paul Components at 530-345-4371. Thats the short answer.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mtber36 said:
What's the total damage including shipping? Thanks in advance.
I think it was like $138.00 or something like that. I forgot already! I figure its worth the extra plushness personally, but that is a choice that all the rest of you will have to make. I have not built up my burner yet, but i am coming off of a Santa Cruz Blur which has almost an inch on the original burner travel and half an inch on the longer, XR rocker, travel. So i figured i would like to have something closer to the travel I was on. Plus, i got the frame for a steal at $650.00, and so even with the added cost of the rocker arms its still half the price of my blur. hope that helps!

·
Registered
668 Posts
af73 said:
i am coming off of a Santa Cruz Blur
Just before the ride pic I posted here, my buddy on a Blur and I traded bikes to tool around at the trailhead. The first thing he says is "man, this thing is plush". Now I'm not saying that Burners are plusher than Blurs, it all depends on setup. On that day with those 2 particular bikes, though, mine felt softer.

I really like the Blur, and my friend has made the comment "someday I hope to ride well enough to deserve this bike". I feel the same about the Burner, and I wager you will too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.