Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Been a while since been on here. Hope you’re all well and keeping healthy. Now boy 1 needs a new rig. Spawn JY 20” to depart boy 2 and luckily I’ve a new old stock Spawn JY 24 inch /80mm xfusion/brood rims rolling chassis in pink in the attic I picked up for a few magic beans. I’m going to run it with fluorescent green coda cables on decent Shimano brakes and gears which should distract any bike colour prejudiced local yoof.

Sadly though I’ve got no decent cranks. I want to run a 26t/28t for the tough uphills here so need an SRAM DM style kiddy crank. Due to COVID blah blah no stock blah blah - you know the picture …I can’t get one from Spawn or similar right now. Anyone selling decent 145/140mm used ones by chance? Long shot I know. I’m in the UK but one of my colleagues working out of Texas could pay/be the shipping destination. If inot I’ll bodge something until can get stock. Thanks 🙏

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I'm a pretty firm believer in shorter cranks and we've been staying roughly one step behind most of the major kids brands.

We stuck with 102mm at 20" and only went up to 120mm at 24" -- I would say just get the 120mm cranks from Prevelo and call it a day (as of earlier this week they were still in stock).

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - had though of that - or better actually - using those on the 20" and the 130's from the 20" on the 24" - but Q factor of the 130s looks to be too small for the 24" frame. Unfortunately I cant check until Nov as bikes and I in different locations due to work and wanted to be ready to go when Im home. I do know the Spawn 130s barely squeeze past the chainstay on the 20" once I removed a spacer to get an improved chainline from stock to secure the easiest gears without grind

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.