Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all!

I will be building a new wheelset for my Dissent. Fashion whore that I am (hey, i'm being honest) I need to decide if I want silver or black spokes and rims to go with my red hubs and nipples. I already have a wheelset with black spokes and rims, so the project is .....

show me how my bike would look if the rims and spokes were silver, please. :)

Anyone up for it? (sorry for the crappy pic and especially background) I'd do it myself but I have not the toolz or skillz. :nono:

As always, PATIA to all/any who are interested in helping. :thumbsup: :cool:

Attachments

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
45,672 Posts
AndrewTO said:
Hey all!

I will be building a new wheelset for my Dissent. Fashion whore that I am (hey, i'm being honest) I need to decide if I want silver or black spokes and rims to go with my red hubs and nipples. I already have a wheelset with black spokes and rims, so the project is .....

show me how my bike would look if the rims and spokes were black, please. :)

Anyone up for it? (sorry for the crappy pic and especially background) I'd do it myself but I have not the toolz or skillz. :nono:

As always, PATIA to all/any who are interested in helping. :thumbsup: :cool:
There your wheels and spokes are black. So how did I do?

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DIRTJUNKIE said:
There your wheels and spokes are black. So how did I do?
****!

:madman: :madman: :madman: :madman: :madman:

You did great. Thanks for pointing that out. :thumbsup: :)

:eek:

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
45,672 Posts
AndrewTO said:
****!

You did great. Thanks for pointing that out. :thumbsup: :)

:eek:
I would of actually did it if I had the tools and skills. So I opted for the next best thing. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
524 Posts
I got the skills and the software, but don't have the time. The spokes require a lot of work- lots of varying background surface to separate from the tiny spokes.

Maybe you could get a friend's wheel and temporarily whack them on???

Maybe try heading down the LBS to see if thy have silver spokes laced to silver or black rims- then just use your skewers. That way you get to see all combinations.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.