Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yup I ride in bethpage park. The best thing to do is start in the parking lot and just ride around. If you follow the power lines they will take you into the brickyard, thats a great place to test your skills. The park itself does not have a marked trail system. You just go in and ride around. If you feel that you are getting lost, stop and listen for the traffic noise from the Seaford Oyster bay expressway, head opposite from the noise and you are heading to the main parking lot.
If you are feeling ambitious you can start in bethpage park, follow the greenbelt north into stillwell woods, ride a loop of stillwell , and south on the greenbelt back to the park.
Bethpage park is not the most difficult trail on the island. It will test your endurance because you can get 22 miles of trail in the park if you loop everything correctly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea thanks, i know the trails pretty well..... the brickyard is where we usally ride to, are there any other places like the brickyard, or any places that have some cool ramps or drop offs and stuff.

O have you tried the dropoff they built at the Brickyard, its probaly like 10 feet but its pretty crazy cause of the narrow sand landing, and you land on a pretty steep hill

·
Registered
135 Posts
MKM said:
How far away is stillwell,,,,,, and is stillwell better then bethpage
Stillwell is about an 8 mile ride north up the greenbelt from bethpage.
Stillwell is much more technical than bethpage plus its a loop (about 5 and a half miles). I like both of them, if i am in the mood to just ride around and chill out I usually go to bethpage. But if I want a harder quicker ride I go to stillwell.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
SEvEnDuSt717 said:
Stillwell is about an 8 mile ride north up the greenbelt from bethpage.
Stillwell is much more technical than bethpage plus its a loop (about 5 and a half miles). I like both of them, if i am in the mood to just ride around and chill out I usually go to bethpage. But if I want a harder quicker ride I go to stillwell.
I know the Bpage trails pretty good (well at least i think i do) can you explain where in the Bethpage Trails i have to go to get to the greenbelt trails, do i have to leave the bethpage trails or is there a specific trail in bethpage that leads directly into the greenbelt. and greenbelt leads right into stillwell correct?

o and about how long of a ride would it be from bethpage (lets say the main lot) to stillwell loop and back to bethpage

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.