Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
91 Posts
I just don't like the "bulge" in the middle. I like how CB and Specialzed have the telescoping section blend better with the post. But, I guess if it lacks the wiggle of the CB, and drops more than 3" it has a shot and being a good product. The RASE seems hit and miss, and GD is just so damn ugly... best functioning, but UGLY

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
I'm waiting on Fo's definitive review before I get interested. :rolleyes:
It's allways something; some hate the boot on the gd, others will hate the bulge on this post. I have two gd's, and I swear, as hard as I try, I can't see the boot when I'm riding the bike. :p

·
Moosehead
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Jeebus Rene, you're not gettin any better lookin.

MTBeyotcher123 may start filing patent suits if you guys keep stealing avatars.

I hear through influential MTB channels that Pro Bore Review was pretty excited by "a mighty impressive 3" bulge".

·
mangai.rollin
130 Posts
My company is the US distributor for Blacx. The next shipment should be stateside in early April. You can subscribe for info on Blacx reviews, availability, etc on the mangai.rollin site - link in sig below - and I will be happy to answer any questions that I can.
.matthew

·
melon farmer
567 Posts
Just met a guy who has been testing one of these posts (supplied to him direct from the manufacturer) for a few months so far and he wasn't overly pleased with the action and reliability. He had two posts on two different bikes and both had same issues... may have been prototypes, but he suggested he wouldn't pay for one if it was available.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
marcus_dukakis said:
Just met a guy who has been testing one of these posts (supplied to him direct from the manufacturer) for a few months so far and he wasn't overly pleased with the action and reliability. He had two posts on two different bikes and both had same issues... may have been prototypes, but he suggested he wouldn't pay for one if it was available.
That's too bad. The one thing this post has going for it over almost every other post on the market is that the cable connects near the seat collar (into the bulge), which means no cable loop to interfere with anything when the seat is dropped.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I agree. I really like the look of these things and the idea that it works with magnets. Cable alignment is good for sure too, and it seems to have a decent remote.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've been testing a couple here in Australia and I'm uber impressed! I'm finding them very good. You do have to follow the manufacturer's guideliness for seat post clamp torque force, otherwise it affects the action of the post. Once set properly, they work excellently. I will do a proper review shortly, with pics etc.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.