Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Meatpuppet
536 Posts
CrazyEye said:
I'm no expert but...I spent 10 years in the Air Force with 4 months in Pakistan supporting the 82rd Airborn. This sounds like lamest piece of BS I've ever heard in advertising a bike...But they are selling them to all the posers in the blinged out H2's that never been off the pavement so it probably worked...

http://4wheeldrive.about.com/gi/dyn...atures/news/112_news030317_humbike/index.html
Hel! yeah, between the Benzy and this Hummer jobby you could have 2 very expensive piles of [email protected]

"The Hummer Tactical Mountain Bike, designed by military bike manufacturer Montague Corporation, offers the strength of a military vehicle along with the freedom, convenience and portability that an outdoor enthusiast desires. The bike has a patented folding system that was developed to allow Paratroopers an easy exit from military aircraft with a full size mountain bike."

huh???

I have a hard time seeing a group of Navy SEALS storming anything aboard bicycles.
But what do I know.

·
Coors, the american beer.
3,533 Posts
$795 for a brand new full suspension

sounds like a glorified huffy to me

then again the hummer is just a tahoe that gets worse gas mileage and is boxier

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,533 Posts
Melt said:
$795 for a brand new full suspension

sounds like a glorified huffy to me

then again the hummer is just a tahoe that gets worse gas mileage and is boxier
Well, H2s and H3s, yeah, but the "real" hummer has planetary gears in the hubs, independant suspension, and so on. It's very different from what's labeled as a "hummer". And yes, we sometimes broke the hubs and other parts, but when your "jumping" vehicles and slamming through rough terrain as we did, it's amazing that more stuff didn't break. They put up with some pretty impressive abuse. I guess that identifies me as "was in the army". :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
let me weigh-in as MONTAGUE is my official triathlete sponsor ... they gave me a bike that's very similar to the HUMMER Tactical bike. the HUMMER tactical bike is designed around Montague's PARATROOPER, which is the bike Montague gave me for my XTERRA races.

it's a sweet bike. it's super lightweight (about 20 lbs full-assembled). it's tough and rugged ... i've accidentally thrown mine off of some pretty stellar cliffs and had to "hike a bike" down to it and back up the cliff faces -- that bike wasn't damaged any way -- even the gear systems withstood the topple down the mountain. LOL!

the original design for the Montague PARATROOPER was designed for the U.S. Military -- i don't know the full story, i just know that the military teamed up with Montague to produce a bike that the paratroopers could easily disassemble and re-assemble in a matter of seconds ... all of which could be stored in a backpack ... which is exactly what the Montague PARATROOPER X-Bike will do.

i've heard the HUMMER bike, which is also manufactured by Montague is more for looks and "light" trail riding ... as a matter of fact, i believe on the Montague website it clearly states that the bike "is not intended for all terrains." where as the bike i have, the PARATROOPER, "is built to endure the roughest terrains."

i love my Montague!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.