Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever found an alternative adapter to the heavy one you can buy from Trek to mount disc brakes to the frame on the Fuel bikes?

Sure, it works well, but that adaptor is a boat anchor... I've lightened my Fuel90 up a good deal with smart upgrades, but wondered if there were alternatives there. A Google search has come up empty...

·
Registered
323 Posts
try....

SpareTireScott said:
Has anyone ever found an alternative adapter to the heavy one you can buy from Trek to mount disc brakes to the frame on the Fuel bikes?

Sure, it works well, but that adaptor is a boat anchor... I've lightened my Fuel90 up a good deal with smart upgrades, but wondered if there were alternatives there. A Google search has come up empty...
Zip Ties!!!!!!!

I have one of the disc brake adapters on my Fisher Super Cal. Really it ain't that bad. It's Trek's frame & Trek's adapter... just kinda the way it is unfortunately. To my knowledge Trek has not licensed the Adapter out to anyone, and I really don't see why they would.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Murchman said:
58 Grams with bolts is a boat anchor?
Seriously? It's only 58 grams? I really need to get a scale rather than going by how the weight feels....

I guess it's like the seat-o-pants-ometer when you do something like turn up the boost on your car, feels faster, but it should be accurately measured....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.