Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The family and I are getting out of town for the weekend, and spending it in Durango. Lo and behold, 2nd Ave. Sports announced that they were putting on a demo Sat and Sun. I figured my son and I could go do that while the rest of the family does their thing. In order to be able to test 2-3 bikes in a few hours, the trails would need to be close by to the shop.....any advice on a trail (I would repeat the loop so that I could compare the bikes) that would be within easy access of the the shop and provide a decent test for the bike (intermediate level)? I was told that Horsethief Gulch was nearby....any recommendations on a loop? Any other thoughts?

Thank you!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Horse Gulch is probably your closest option.
It can be crowded with multiple users on weekends, though.

Telegraph to Sidewinder to Big Canyon is a good combination to start with.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The full suspension style trails in that area are Raider's Ridge and Snake Charmer.
I'm hoping to burn a lap on an SB150, so maybe that will be where I go then? I ride an SB5 Lunch Ride now, and while I'm not advanced, I do live 10 minutes away from Pajarito, and about two hours from Angel Fire, so I'm looking for a park bike, and something for the gnarlier trails around town.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.