Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
bike weenie
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would love to buy find one of these - been looking on e-bay and never seem to see them. Anyone out there know anyone willing to part with one - big, a 20"?

Nothing particularly special about this bike, but it was my first real mtb and now I'm really bummed I sold it.

Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Jeff @ FirstFlight had a nearly-NOS blue/white Montare ('89 I think) for sale several months ago. Don't know if he sold it, but you may try www.firstflightbikes.com. He has a "for sale" listing there.

I've also seen a couple very nice Montares on Craigslist in the past 6-8 mos. The asking price was <$200. You'll see the old ones on eBay and CL every now and then if you're patient. Good luck on your search!
Cheers,
John

·
Registered
84 Posts
There's probably not many left in one piece! We sold them in the bike shop I used to work in and I remember a high percentage of them suffered broken seat tubes. Cool looking and interesting-riding bikes though. Our round-the-block test route had a set of steps in it. I recall the first time I rode it on one those Fishers. It felt like I rode down them on the front wheel! I guess they were kind of a precurser to Genesis geometry.

·
Registered
817 Posts
moonter said:
There's probably not many left in one piece! We sold them in the bike shop I used to work in and I remember a high percentage of them suffered broken seat tubes.
GF told me the same thing when I told him I still had mine (19"), bought it new.

I made a buddy of mine buy one when I saw it on craigslist one day. It's a 17 though, but I'm sure he'd part with it for the right price..

Mine only sees urban assault duty these days. This bike has treated me well.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.