Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at the 2006 Dos frames. I owned a XL 2005 for a short time, the top tube was way to tall for the riding I do. The 2006 XL is a little lower but still pretty tall. Inseam is 35 inches, anyone my size riding a large?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I am close

I am 6' 2", slowly shrinking with age. My inseam is about 35.5 inches or so. I ride a large, with a 110 stem, 10 degree rise, with 1" riser bars, and 2 cm of spacers. I tend to ride with my bars a bit higher than most, as my inseam is long for my height. Seems to work just fine for me. I would not want an XL, and on the large, I have never had any standover issues, but I am riding a 2006, which lowered the top tube a bit compared to the 2005 models.

Steve

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
cottonball said:
I've been looking at the 2006 Dos frames. I owned a XL 2005 for a short time, the top tube was way to tall for the riding I do. The 2006 XL is a little lower but still pretty tall. Inseam is 35 inches, anyone my size riding a large?
I'm 6'3" with an inseam of 35". I ride the 2006 XL Dos Niner with no standover issues whatsoever for my style of riding. It's got more standover clearance than my XL Karate Monkey (Dos is 33.2" and the Monkey is 34.1"). What was the standover on your XL 2005 Dos?

I think with the increased standover on the 2006 frame, you should be looking at the top tube length as your guide for choosing between the L and the XL size frame. The XL numbers fit my preferences so I went with it and have been very happy.

BB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts