Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Baked Alaskan
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone is riding a Razorback at 5'3", the small still looks a little big for someone that size.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
It will be interesting to see...

AK Chris said:
Just curious if anyone is riding a Razorback at 5'3", the small still looks a little big for someone that size.
... if my medium razorback will fit my 5'4" wife. It was too small for me (I'm 5'10") and I just picked up a couple of parts to build it up for her. It has a super low standover height, and with a short 50mm stem it may work for her.

The sizing chart on the k2 site says medium is for somebody 5'6" to 5'10".

I would think a small would fit a 5'3" rider just fine. K2 tends to make their bikes on the small side.

·
Baked Alaskan
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pimpbot said:
... if my medium razorback will fit my 5'4" wife. It was too small for me (I'm 5'10") and I just picked up a couple of parts to build it up for her. It has a super low standover height, and with a short 50mm stem it may work for her.

I would think a small would fit a 5'3" rider just fine. K2 tends to make their bikes on the small side.
Thanks, the one I'm looking at is a used 2002 that a friend has. The bike would be for an out of town female that's coming to stay with me. So I'm looking for a FS for her to ride. Standover is my big concern, the TT looks fine. Any other info you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am 5'6 with 28 inseam and the small frame (2003) is too small for me. It's even too small for my girlfriend and she is 5'5. I would think the woman you have in mind would be good on a small.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
I built it!

pimpbot said:

It's a medium, and so far, it seems to fit my 5'3" wife just fine. We'll see how she does in the dirt.

I used 170mm cranks and a 60mm stem. No layback on the seatpost, which you can see is nearly all the way in the frame.

More here:

https://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=98412

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.