Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
In the rear with the gear
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LBS knows that I am getting a 29er and suggested that I check out the new Raleigh - anybody have any info on it? Interested in knowing primarily what the dropout is like, how much clearance is in the rear triangle, will it do cantilever, and what type of steel its made out of. Anyone have the inside track on this this bike?

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Modular dropouts with EBB. The modular drop out will be swappable with the gearie 29"er Raleigh when it comes out later this fall. You'll have to do full cable housing runs and zip ties on the XXIX, though. Also, disc only, non suspension corrected, "kind of". The fork is shorter but supposedly like a sagged out 80mm travel unit would be. The frame is butted CroMo. Nothing real special, but at 700 bucks complete, it's good stuff.

First shipment is in the pipeline and fully sold out already. Next shipment to hit the shores next month sometime.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.