Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 543 Posts

·
See You At Santos!
298 Posts
lucky! Im hoping the 2011 and 2012 rear shocks are interchangeable, so that I can get rid of the brain and put the new kashima rp23 on my 2010 SJ!

·
Registered
95 Posts
you guys looking for the stumpy fsr evos?

I work at one of the top tier shops and our availability is late Nov/early Dec at best. Sorry guys :(

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yep - waiting on a Stumpy FSR EVO as well - last I heard was mid November. That's ok - I still have my current Stumpy FSR and Enduro to hold me over :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nitro, wish I was in the same boat, sold my bike to finance this one.
O well you only get to be a broke college student once.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've got a 'payment pending' for the Stumpy so i know it's going to a good home. The Enduro on the other hand hasn't had any bites yet:mad:

Once the Stumpy goes i'll have to ride the 29er till the EVO shows up - don't want to put any more ride time on the Enduro.

Got my fingers crossed for a November delivery :thumbsup:

·
See You At Santos!
298 Posts
I've got a 'payment pending' for the Stumpy so i know it's going to a good home. The Enduro on the other hand hasn't had any bites yet:mad:

Once the Stumpy goes i'll have to ride the 29er till the EVO shows up - don't want to put any more ride time on the Enduro.

Got my fingers crossed for a November delivery :thumbsup:
What year/model Enduro?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Just placed an order for a FSR EVO 29er frame today. Gonna part out my Enduro to build it. If anyone wants a 2011 S-Works XL frame let me know.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got my 2012 Enduro Evo Expert, and have been working on dialing it in!

Took off the bottle cage, got the new CB Mallet pedals, Chrome Spank Spike Evo 777 bars, and am awaiting a new stem!

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have been going back and forth trying to decide between the SJ EVO 29er and the Enduro EVO. I know my current riding style, as well as most of the local trails would favor the SJ over the Enduro. However, I REALLY want to start getting into some more aggressive riding. Nothing like hucking a 10 ft drop or anything that drastic, but there are a couple of local trails that feature solid 5 ft drops to a mild transition. Murder on me on my current hardtail. Heh Heh. I am also wanting to take a couple of bike tours next year "North Umpqua Trail" as one and the "Bikerpelli" trip as the second. From what I've read the SJ seems like the better bike for long cross country rides.

That being said, the Enduro EVO has been my dream bike since it first came out. It is still so damn SEXY looking, I just don't know if I can tear myself away from it.

I would appreciate anyone who owns one of these two bikes giving me honest reviews of their performance to help me make my decision. Thank you in advance for your input.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think for you the regular enduro would be better than the evo...burlier than the stumpy, but still air sprung and a couple pounds lighter than the evo version.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I love my Enduro Evo, I've been working on getting my suspension set-up, softer springs front and rear.

The bike climbs really well for being a longer travel coil sprung trailbike, and bombs down the mountain. This bike more than handles everything I have thrown at it.

Truth of the matter is, if you want a bike that climbs and pedals well, get the regular Enduro. It's lighter and more efficient. I went with the Evo because I wanted a coil sprung bike that I could take everywhere and I have a Stumpy FSR. That being said, The Evo is a killer bike, and is a great option for anyone looking for a lightweight coil bike.

1 - 20 of 543 Posts