Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After riding a SS 29er for a lot of the spring, I have thought about making my Dos a 1x9 for the summer. Anyone out there tried it yet. I thought a 32 front chainring with the 9 speed 34 tooth big ring in the back. Maybe a 34 would be better for flatter trails. Anyone out there have a Dos set up this way?

·
Registered
836 Posts
I've got one (1x9 Dos Niner):
32 Blackspire chainring, NGear chain stop, bashring, 11-34 cassette, Sram x7 rr der

works great as long as the NGear is tight and up close to the chain....also seen people use the rohloff chain guide w/o a bashring

·
Registered
180 Posts
I ran a 1x8 (I had old XTR 8 speed stuff) on my 2005 Dos Niner, 34t Surly ring (part of the key to success), with a front derailleur as a chain keeper. The 34 was a bit big for long climbs, but perfect for the rolling flatter stuff where I do most of my local riding. No photos, sorry.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I currently am running my Dos with a triple but will be changing to 1 x 9 in the next few weeks. Next spring when my fitness sucks again I'll probably wish for a triple again but right now 1x9 seems like the way to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts