Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as my last post said i have recently purchased a Motobecane Fantom 3.0 and its freakin awesome... so awesome infact that i am very worried about ridding it to school in the fall and need some suggestions on anti theft devices to stop people from stealing my bike and its quick release parts (wheels and seat) thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Anti-theft

Agreed with Army. I never let my good bikes out of my sight. The pedals are worth more than the average beater.

Don't worry... be happy. I'd buy a hack bike already equipped with full fenders and a rear rack, put OK tires on it so it rolls smooth and then never give it another thought while it's locked to a bikerack. Instead of being impressed by my bike, people can be impressed with my common sense.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Even better...

Rollin' On said:
I'd buy a hack bike already equipped with full fenders and a rear rack, put OK tires on it so it rolls smooth and then never give it another thought while it's locked to a bikerack. Instead of being impressed by my bike, people can be impressed with my common sense.
Second the "beater" recommendation, with a twist: Make it fixed.

Get an old road bike (old enough to have semi-horizontal drops so you can adjust chain-tension.) and make a fixie convert. Low maintenance, a lot less parts to steal, a kick-in-the-pants to ride, and if someone does swipe it they'll likely end up on their heads when they sprint away on it and try to coast ;).

-Trevor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts