Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since no on else has started one, I guess I'll post first as I think this is a really good bike worthy of its own thread. Although similar in geometry to my '10 Spec Epic Comp 29, the handling is very different. Climbing on the Epic is somewhat better due to the Brain, but the Anthem is so much faster descending that it isn't even close.

So here is mine (crappy cellphone pic). Mods are:

Race Face Atlas AM 70mm stem and riser bars
SRAM X7 shifters
SRAM X9 rear derailleur
Specialized Command Post
Azonic 420 pedals

·
Registered
343 Posts
a few changes

here we are a month after purchase :)

X9 short rear (1x10 setup)
have chain giude on order
front wheel is Stan's 355 w/3.3 hub
102 gr white stem off eBay for $35
new CB Eggbeater 2 pedals
and maybe if it fits an Extralite Crank from my buddy will see if it works tomorrow...

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
2012 Anthem 29er

Yes, mine is a medium. The stem is a stock stem, I have not measured it but guessing probably a 90mm. It took me a while to finally decide to go to a 29er, but since i have spent some time on this bike I will not be going back to a 26er. I have already converted my wheels to tubeless using the bontrager liner. So far this bike is an all day bike. My body still felt good after a 3 hour ride.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yes, mine is a medium. The stem is a stock stem, I have not measured it but guessing probably a 90mm. It took me a while to finally decide to go to a 29er, but since i have spent some time on this bike I will not be going back to a 26er. I have already converted my wheels to tubeless using the bontrager liner. So far this bike is an all day bike. My body still felt good after a 3 hour ride.
Thanks for the reply! I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the X 29er 1. When you get a chance to measure it please let me know on here or a PM. I need a medium frame and I hope it's a 90 or even an 80mm stem. With the OD2 I'd rather not have to change it out. I think Giant has the length printed on the stem as well.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Stem

Just checked, it's 90mm. I was going for the anthem x 1 also but their was a little wait time. I was not sure about the color on the XO but It looks a lot better in person. Let me know if you have any other questions. By the way, the p-xc wheels are great.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Thanks for the reply! I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the X 29er 1. When you get a chance to measure it please let me know on here or a PM. I need a medium frame and I hope it's a 90 or even an 80mm stem. With the OD2 I'd rather not have to change it out. I think Giant has the length printed on the stem as well.
Your dealer should be able to put on the proper length stem for you, they just need to tell Gian to send a out an 80mm with it and it probably won't be at any extra cost.

Contact OD2 Stems (Stems) - Bike Gear | Giant Bicycles | United States

1 - 20 of 194 Posts